HELP I accidentally deleted the word "the" from my predictive text!

Billie Valdez

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
As you can read from the title I accidentally deleted the word "the" from predictive text, and its reallllly annoying. Please help me figure out how to get it back.
thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
As you can read from the title I accidentally deleted the word "the" from predictive text, and its reallllly annoying. Please help me figure out how to get it back.
thanks!

Welcome to Android Central :)
What keyboard are you using?

Posted via Android Central App

Billie Valdez

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Nope, it wont show up as a suggestion at all, even when I start typing it. I was typing and accidentally held down the word "the" on predictive text and it said something like removing it from "learned words" and I just clicked OK by accident. My mind was elsewhere.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If you type it, do you have the option to do it again? Like when adding new words

Busse

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Try going to Settings > Device > Language and Input > Press Samsung Keyboard and scroll down to clear personal data.

jba4241

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, and without realizing it, I deleted the predictive word "the." Now every time I try to type the word "the," it automatically changes to the first word shown, which is "them." How can I add that word "the" back to the list? I did clear persoanlized data, but that did not work. Any help on this would be appreciated.

AdamCreative

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Samsung Galaxy S4. Accidentally deleted "the" and can't figure out any way to put it back into the predictive text. Every time I try to Swype in "the" it replaces it to tye or Thou or something ridiculous. I have tried clearing all of "My Words" and clearing user data and trying to resore everything to default. When I type it out manually and highlight the word, there is no option to put it back into learned words, only Copy, Paste, Share, etc.

I just want my "the" back :+(

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Charles Boone

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The same think happened to me, except with a different word. This is what worked for me on the Galaxy S5. Go to: Language and Input --> Samsung Keybord --> Predictive text --> Clear server data --> Clear personal data. Once I cleared the server data and personal data the missing word was back in my predictive text list. I hope this helps...

bozza03

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Same thing with my S3, I simply selected "for" in the middle of my predictive text screen and there was one of those temperamental lags (not surprising given it's now just over three years old) but the frigging thing prompted me out of the blue if I wanted to delete "for" from my learned words and because I was taping my screen really fast to simply get the lagging screen to select "for", the OK button pressed even though the dialogue box had been on my screen for a split second.

First world problem I know and a minor inconvenience overall, but the only two options you get when it says " 'For' will be removed from learned words" is Cancel and OK.

It's ridiculous that there's no straight forward way of re-adding a basic word like "the" or "for" to learned words when, going by the example I've given (along with Billie's example), it's so easy to delete them (and accidentally at that)!