Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Possible to recover photos after Factory Reset?

My father got a hold of my mothers samsung s4 as she was having trouble connecting to her network we returned from a holiday overseas. Unbeknownst to my mother and I, he decided to factory reset the phone which caused all our happy snaps to disappear and I hadn't gotten around to saving the photos from her phone to my computer. These photos are really special to me and I am very upset that they have been deleted, Is there anyway to recover them?

The phone doesnt have an external SD card and i have checked the DCIM files and they are empty. No new photos have been taken which I hope will leave the deleted files intact for the time being, but I am desperate to find a solution. I have been using Wondershare Dr. Fone software but its been stuck at 37% for the past 4-5 hours and I'm wondering if any of you would know a better approach. I am not very tech savy but I really would do anything to get those photos back.

Thank-you!

Global Posts
    17,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Possible to recover photos after Factory Reset?

Typically any deleting of files in Android are permanent. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here