Saving Pictures to my SD Card

CrazyTwitterFreak

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I need some help with saving pictures to my SD Card, I've set my phone for all my camera pictures to be saved to my SD card, but when I receive WhatsApp pictures, my Instagram pictures, Facebook pictures and Screen Shots all save to my Device Memory and not my SD Card.

When I get some I move them to my SD card from where all my files are but when I get new ones it makes new folders and they are saved to my Device Memory.
Is there a way in which I can always make them save to my SD card, I cannot seem to find anything to do this, so there might not be a way, but there is no harm in asking as some of you might have found a way :p

I'm using a Samsung S4 Mini if this helps.

Thanks, hope you can help.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I need some help with saving pictures to my SD Card, I've set my phone for all my camera pictures to be saved to my SD card, but when I receive WhatsApp pictures, my Instagram pictures, Facebook pictures and Screen Shots all save to my Device Memory and not my SD Card.

When I get some I move them to my SD card from where all my files are but when I get new ones it makes new folders and they are saved to my Device Memory.
Is there a way in which I can always make them save to my SD card, I cannot seem to find anything to do this, so there might not be a way, but there is no harm in asking as some of you might have found a way :p

There probably isn't. Generally the path to use for downloaded items is specific to the app, so you may want to look through the settings to see if there is an option to change the default storage to a location on your SD card...but many apps don't have such an option, unfortunately.

If you are rooted there are a few ways you could permanently set this up, but otherwise you're probably out of luck.

Mosmum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Try this: Apps > My Files > All Files > Device Storage > Pictures/DCIM/Music/Movies/etc and choose which ones you want to move

Niky2000

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This App automatically redirects WhatsApp media to the External SD Card in order to save memory: I cannot post the link, but you can search Nicola Rosada On Play Store and download Photo & File Redirect.

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site