I have yet to read about a fix for this problem & most threads end up being about ways to recover the data. Are we expecting a Kit Kat upgrade to fix this? I am using a T-Mobile S4 on Walmart Family Mobile BTW. I have heard too many blame the Sandisk cards & others say that the Samsung cards do not have the problem. I need to know if this phone will ever work with an external SD card & would like to know what the consensus is regarding a fix.

Thanks,
    kev
    02-05-2014 09:48 PM
    I have yet to read about a fix for this problem & most threads end up being about ways to recover the data. Are we expecting a Kit Kat upgrade to fix this? I am using a T-Mobile S4 on Walmart Family Mobile BTW. I have heard too many blame the Sandisk cards & others say that the Samsung cards do not have the problem. I need to know if this phone will ever work with an external SD card & would like to know what the consensus is regarding a fix.

Thanks,
    kev
    Most of the threads I've seen with this issue are indeed SanDisk cards. I'm using one myself and not having any issues with it, but I'm only using a class 4 card, as opposed to the class 10 or higher that a lot of people seem to like
    Are you having issues with the card?
    02-05-2014 10:13 PM
    The ISOLATED problem seems to be with the 64GB cards. I say isolated because it is a very small percentage of those sold that come up with an issue.

Kit kat supposedly solves the issue, and if you google it, there are a few other fixes.

I have had my 32GB SD card for years without an issue or one getting eaten (s3, s4, note3, S1, Charge, and that is just naming the Samsung ones)
    02-05-2014 10:19 PM
    Most of the threads I've seen with this issue are indeed SanDisk cards. I'm using one myself and not having any issues with it, but I'm only using a class 4 card, as opposed to the class 10 or higher that a lot of people seem to like
    Are you having issues with the card?
    Yes, on 3 or 4 occasions. I have a Patriot 8GB class 10 card & each time the S4 has reported "Damaged SD card". The most recent event was without me having written anything to the card & it being installed for a week. No apps reside there & I had not even accessed the card manually. I believe that the last 2 failures coincided with shutting the phone off. After reformatting, all seems fine. I will try a slower card & see what happens. BTW have had the phone since December.
    kev
    02-05-2014 10:38 PM