S4 keeps downloading/syncing txt messages i've deleted

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4 from an iPhone (YAYYYYYYYY). Only problem is I used Smart Switch to copy data from my iphone to S4, however it only seemed to copy random text messages and old ones (none of them were recent). So I deleted them all off my S4 but now every time I turn it on it starts to download/sync them all over again and pretty much every time I get "wssyncmlnps has stopped". I don't care about the error message, I just want it to stop trying to download these old messages as they are useless to me anyway!

Please help!!!

Other than this issue I'm loving the phone!!!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4 from an iPhone (YAYYYYYYYY). Only problem is I used Smart Switch to copy data from my iphone to S4, however it only seemed to copy random text messages and old ones (none of them were recent). So I deleted them all off my S4 but now every time I turn it on it starts to download/sync them all over again and pretty much every time I get "wssyncmlnps has stopped". I don't care about the error message, I just want it to stop trying to download these old messages as they are useless to me anyway!

Please help!!!

Other than this issue I'm loving the phone!!!
Welcome to Android Central :)
Can you turn off the syncing for messages within the app?

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. In the messeges app? Nope I looked in there and there seems to be no option to do this

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. In the messeges app? Nope I looked in there and there seems to be no option to do this

No. It should be within the Smart Switch app, the same one you used to sync them in the first place

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
No it doesnt seem to be. The smart switch pc software just seems to transfer data from a device to a samsung phone and thats it

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
OK this is driving me crazy and is so annoying! My wife just switched from iPhone to Samsung and the exact same thing happening to her...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK this is driving me crazy and is so annoying! My wife just switched from iPhone to Samsung and the exact same thing happening to her...

That sucks. What if you were to delete those threads on the iPhone?

Posted via Android Central App

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I tried that too. Then deleted the iPhone backup and it still keeos downloading and resyncing them

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried that too. Then deleted the iPhone backup and it still keeos downloading and resyncing them

When you first used it did it ask for any info about the phone or how did it connect to the one you wanted to transfer it to?

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Nope didnt ask for any info. It just searched for data from other phone backups and found my iPhone backup then asked me what data id like to transfer (videos, pictures, messages( etc. I used smart switch pc software so samsung was connected to pc via usb

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope didnt ask for any info. It just searched for data from other phone backups and found my iPhone backup then asked me what data id like to transfer (videos, pictures, messages( etc. I used smart switch pc software so samsung was connected to pc via usb

Hmm, and I'm guessing you tried uninstalling the app from both your phones and the PC, right?

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
That's the weird thing, there is no app I needed to install for it on the phone. Its just (Samsung) software you download on your PC, and it transfers files from Apple backup onto Samsung phone for you and that's it, that's all the software does, no optinos for settings etc, its just a copy tool. So I don't even know where the Samsung keeps downloading/syncing them from lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's the weird thing, there is no app I needed to install for it on the phone. Its just (Samsung) software you download on your PC, and it transfers files from Apple backup onto Samsung phone for you and that's it, that's all the software does, no optinos for settings etc, its just a copy tool. So I don't even know where the Samsung keeps downloading/syncing them from lol

:confused: That is really weird lol
I know there's a Smart Switch app in the Play Store, that's why I was asking. Did you at least uninstall it from your PC?

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah its really startee to pee me off lol. It actually doesnt even install on the pc. Its just an executable that runs from a zip file! Lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah its really startee to pee me off lol. It actually doesnt even install on the pc. Its just an executable that runs from a zip file! Lol

I can imagine :-\
I don't know what else you could do, and I have no experience with the app so I don't know what else to tell you. Hopefully someone else knows how to stop the syncing
Sorry I couldn't be of more help :-\

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I sorted it out the only way I wanted to avoid lol. Just uninstalled kies, reinstalled it and did a backup of my s4 of its photos, videos and applications. Then did a factory reset of my s4 and restored my photos and applications. Stupid msg sync is no longer coming up and my inbox is staying empty lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I sorted it out the only way I wanted to avoid lol. Just uninstalled kies, reinstalled it and did a backup of my s4 of its photos, videos and applications. Then did a factory reset of my s4 and restored my photos and applications. Stupid msg sync is no longer coming up and my inbox is staying empty lol

That's good. Glad you got it figured out :D

sashafierce14

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I was having this problem for the longest. I don't think people understand how frustrating this is until you actually have to deal with it. There just really seemed like there was no way to make the messages syncing stop, but I found an easy fix that's far less extreme than backing up the phone and doing a factory reset. Here's how I got it to stop:

1. Restart your phone.
2. When the phone reboots and you see the messages syncing in your notification bar, long press the messages sync progress and click app info. This will pull up the app info for wssyncmlnps.
3. Click on either clear data or force stop.
4. Plug your phone into your computer, then choose to open a folder to view your phone's files.
5. Once you're there, you'll actually see a file that says "SmartSwitch PC" or something similar in the main directory in your phone. It should be at the very bottom, after your music, DCIM, and other folders. Delete that file, disconnect your phone, and praise God you'll never see those messages sync again in your life!