Samsung GS4 Directv app

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So, everyone has no issue streaming wifi channels using the Directv app?

Me, and several others cannot; not just GS4 but even iphone.
Odd that wifi+ channels stream over the home network, but the wifi channels will not on the same network.

marioDOTmpeg

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
does it ever work for you? it happens to me all the time, sometimes I can sometimes I can't. the app is just buggy, they update it to fix something, then something else don't work.

Posted via Android Central App

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you look at the link above, you will see that the app worked well for wifi channels that are streamed via my receiver last summer. About October an update ruined that and I have not been able to stream wifi channels since. I can stream wifi+ channels as those are streamed via the internet over my wifi home network. They also stream outside the home.

marioDOTmpeg

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It has to be a bug in the app. When it doesn't work for me it always tells me I have to be connected to the same wi-fi, which I always am, and sometimes it just works.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
ok.....several of us that have this problem have the HR24/500. Just wondering if a specific receiver might be the cause.....Guess not.
I don't understand why some have no problem and a few minority probably have this issue.

I have been fighting this for 3 months.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't

Posted via Android Central App

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone that use the Directv app with the GS4 and CAN stream wifi channels without any issues?
1. If so, which receiver are you using.
2. Also, which carrier.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
ADBLOCKPLUS

Don't use it!
This app was the reason for the failure of my Directv app to all wifi streaming, AND also was blocking my TechSmith Fuse app from wirelessly sending video to my SnagIt!
While renaming network and router names to see if that helped to make sure all are alphanumeric, I had to reinitialize the Adblockplus app. Before doing so I tried the DTV streaming and it worked. Then reinitialized the adblockplus and then no streaming. BINGO!
All works well now.