Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aesthete18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default So annoyed

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on a monthly contract from Virgin Media im the UK. Here is a quick outline to everything:

    - Took the phone out in October
    - 2 weeks later it broke "with no reason" so Virgin offered to replace it for me
    - During December, the battery decreased greatly so I contacted Samsung who replaced my battery
    - About 5 days later it done the same, so I contacted Virgin and they said send it off and we will take a look. They fixed it free of charge and I got it back 2 weeks ago
    - Now, ths battery is decreasing again and all of a sudden after coming in from the awful winds, I have noticed a single crack right through the phone

    I contacted Virgin and they said we can't fix it because it as it is physical damage, I do get free insurance from them but the premium is 170 and im not prepared to pay it. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks!
  2. #2  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    692 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on a monthly contract from Virgin Media im the UK. Here is a quick outline to everything:

    - Took the phone out in October
    - 2 weeks later it broke "with no reason" so Virgin offered to replace it for me
    - During December, the battery decreased greatly so I contacted Samsung who replaced my battery
    - About 5 days later it done the same, so I contacted Virgin and they said send it off and we will take a look. They fixed it free of charge and I got it back 2 weeks ago
    - Now, ths battery is decreasing again and all of a sudden after coming in from the awful winds, I have noticed a single crack right through the phone

    I contacted Virgin and they said we can't fix it because it as it is physical damage, I do get free insurance from them but the premium is 170 and im not prepared to pay it. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks!
    You're screen doesn't crack on it's own, or from the "awful winds". You can prevent that from every happening by simply investing in a sturdy case like an Otterbox Defender. If you are one of those that thinks it's too bulky and doesn't look pretty, then so be it, don't whine about your screen cracking when your phone is unprotected. I have an OtterBox defender, I have dropped my phone many times, sat on it, etc. and it's still good as new. Thanks to $40 bucks!

    As for the original issues, can't really say for sure since the only info you gave was that it "Broke", maybe you got a lemon. As for your battery issues. You will have to be more specific. Screenshots on battery use, etc. It's possible since again, you have really provided no details, that you just haven't tweaked your settings to conserve battery, or there is an APP causing your
    drain.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  3. #3  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on a monthly contract from Virgin Media im the UK. Here is a quick outline to everything:

    - Took the phone out in October
    - 2 weeks later it broke "with no reason" so Virgin offered to replace it for me
    - During December, the battery decreased greatly so I contacted Samsung who replaced my battery
    - About 5 days later it done the same, so I contacted Virgin and they said send it off and we will take a look. They fixed it free of charge and I got it back 2 weeks ago
    - Now, ths battery is decreasing again and all of a sudden after coming in from the awful winds, I have noticed a single crack right through the phone

    I contacted Virgin and they said we can't fix it because it as it is physical damage, I do get free insurance from them but the premium is 170 and im not prepared to pay it. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks!
    Battery problems tend to be very subjective. Post details so people here can inspect it closer. I suggest GSam Battery Monitor, it shows you what is using up your battery and it helped me when I was having battery problems. And yeah, wind can't crack your screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    You're screen doesn't crack on it's own, or from the "awful winds". You can prevent that from every happening by simply investing in a sturdy case like an Otterbox Defender. If you are one of those that thinks it's too bulky and doesn't look pretty, then so be it, don't whine about your screen cracking when your phone is unprotected. I have an OtterBox defender, I have dropped my phone many times, sat on it, etc. and it's still good as new. Thanks to $40 bucks!

    As for the original issues, can't really say for sure since the only info you gave was that it "Broke", maybe you got a lemon. As for your battery issues. You will have to be more specific. Screenshots on battery use, etc. It's possible since again, you have really provided no details, that you just haven't tweaked your settings to conserve battery, or there is an APP causing your
    drain.
    Actually, it was a pressure crack so your wrong, Samsung engineers inspected it yesterday and are fixing it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    Battery problems tend to be very subjective. Post details so people here can inspect it closer. I suggest GSam Battery Monitor, it shows you what is using up your battery and it helped me when I was having battery problems. And yeah, wind can't crack your screen.
    There are no details to post, I've had 4 batteries and Virgin are saying there is nothing else they can do. I've done all the things they've told me to do like put automatic brightness on and reduce the amount of apps I use etc

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    692 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    There are no details to post, I've had 4 batteries and Virgin are saying there is nothing else they can do. I've done all the things they've told me to do like put automatic brightness on and reduce the amount of apps I use etc

    Posted via Android Central App
    If you think everything has been done on your end, and you refuse to show screen shots of battery use, then why did you come here to whine about your issues?
    Sorry, but there is no way you have gone through 4 BAD batteries, the odds of that are just impossible, so there has to be something on your end, and if you think just turning on
    power saving is going to correct it, you're wrong, There are MANY variables. You seem pretty set in your ways though so best of luck!
    I am guessing your last phone was an iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    Actually, it was a pressure crack so your wrong, Samsung engineers inspected it yesterday and are fixing it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yes! Do you know what a pressure crack is?? It's not from BAROMETRIC pressure! It's from being in a pocket, purse, backpack etc. and being twisted or turned under PRESSURE, causing a CRACK! So no, you are wrong. And again, something that would not have happened if you would have spent the 40 bucks to get yourself a case that would protect your phone.

    I have come to the conclusion you are one of those people that have done NOTHING to protect your phone but think you are owed the world. Everything you have complained about, ( except maybe the first phone that was replaced, but even that we don't know because it being "Broken" was so vague! ) Has been YOUR FAULT! Your phone is fine, your battery is fine! It's a problem with the operator!!
    Last edited by mhinc; 02-09-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  7. #7  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    There are no details to post, I've had 4 batteries and Virgin are saying there is nothing else they can do. I've done all the things they've told me to do like put automatic brightness on and reduce the amount of apps I use etc

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hmmm that's odd. If you've gone through 4 batteries and the problem still persist you should ask them to replace the phone, maybe it's defective. But still if that's not an option, I think you should post a screenshot of the GSam Battery Monitor, if you want to receive any kinda help here. No one is going to be able to help without looking at least at those details.
    mhinc likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    Hmmm that's odd. If you've gone through 4 batteries and the problem still persist you should ask them to replace the phone, maybe it's defective. But still if that's not an option, I think you should post a screenshot of the GSam Battery Monitor, if you want to receive any kinda help here. No one is going to be able to help without looking at least at those details.
    I don't want help with my battery, I know its the phone because Samsung have told me this, its getting Virgin to replace it. I came here to ask what my options were since Virgin are not helping at all.

    Oh and my last phone wasn't an iPhome and I do have a case, I buy a phone and expect to use it without having to buy an ugly otteebox, thanks.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    692 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    I don't want help with my battery, I know its the phone because Samsung have told me this, its getting Virgin to replace it. I came here to ask what my options were since Virgin are not helping at all.

    Oh and my last phone wasn't an iPhome and I do have a case, I buy a phone and expect to use it without having to buy an ugly otteebox, thanks.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Well maybe if you weren't so worried about your case being an ugly "otteebox", you may not have a pressure crack, from the stylish yet non supportive case.
    So you want advice on your phone, when the only info you have ever given is "it broke" "with no reason". And then the new one has a pressure crack because of the way you treat it, and you have gone through 4 batteries on the replacement phone, so you want to know what's wrong with your phone now. When you have provided absolutely NO information to assist anyone on this forum in regards to actually solving your issue.
    You are the type of customer people in customer service HATE!

    Smarten up, if you want help then you need to be specific.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Well maybe if you weren't so worried about your case being an ugly "otteebox", you may not have a pressure crack, from the stylish yet non supportive case.
    So you want advice on your phone, when the only info you have ever given is "it broke" "with no reason". And then the new one has a pressure crack because of the way you treat it, and you have gone through 4 batteries on the replacement phone, so you want to know what's wrong with your phone now. When you have provided absolutely NO information to assist anyone on this forum in regards to actually solving your issue.
    You are the type of customer people in customer service HATE!

    Smarten up, if you want help then you need to be specific.
    Be specific with what. All you need to know is my phone is BROKE, Virgin will not FIX or REPLACE it so what are my options now. Is there anybody I can contact?

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    692 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    Be specific with what. All you need to know is my phone is BROKE, Virgin will not FIX or REPLACE it so what are my options now. Is there anybody I can contact?

    Posted via Android Central App
    No one is going to fix your phone under warranty if that's what you are looking for, for your so called pressure crack. Nor will they "fix" it due to going through 4 batteries, as it's not the phone by the sounds of it, OR the batteries. It's the user.

    If you still want to persist in having it fixed you can contact Samsung, who I am sure will be happy to charge you a nice, hefty fee to fix the screen due to user impact damage, which by no means is covered under warranty, as it was your fault. Maybe you should upgrade to one of those awful, ugly ugly "otteebox" cases you hate so much! Ha ha ha!

    Have a nice day!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  12. #12  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    Be specific with what. All you need to know is my phone is BROKE, Virgin will not FIX or REPLACE it so what are my options now. Is there anybody I can contact?

    Posted via Android Central App
    In terms of getting Virgin to replace it, I'm not sure. What was the reason they were giving? I thought Samsung was getting Virgin to replace it? Your other options would be take it to a phone shop or something but I'd recommend against it, they'll likely charge you a lot or take advantage of you if you don't know your stuff. I'm curious about the battery though, you said it keeps decreasing, how long does it take for your battery to drain completely from 100%?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    In terms of getting Virgin to replace it, I'm not sure. What was the reason they were giving? I thought Samsung was getting Virgin to replace it? Your other options would be take it to a phone shop or something but I'd recommend against it, they'll likely charge you a lot or take advantage of you if you don't know your stuff. I'm curious about the battery though, you said it keeps decreasing, how long does it take for your battery to drain completely from 100%?
    Well this is what has happened. I rang Virgin who have refused to fix the screen because they say it is physical damage and said they now can't fix my battery because my warranty is void, unless I pay 170 excess fee.

    I phoned Samsung who were much more helpful and told me to take it to my nearest Samsung engineer centre. They inspected it and said it is a pressure crack which can be caused by battery swelling (Which I think is the cause).

    I'll go to bed with my phone on 60% and I'll wake up 6 and a half hours later with ut on 5%. Another example would be, after a 100% charge, I'll do some internet browsing and check Facebook for an hour and it will have dropped to atleast 50%

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    Well this is what has happened. I rang Virgin who have refused to fix the screen because they say it is physical damage and said they now can't fix my battery because my warranty is void, unless I pay 170 excess fee.

    I phoned Samsung who were much more helpful and told me to take it to my nearest Samsung engineer centre. They inspected it and said it is a pressure crack which can be caused by battery swelling (Which I think is the cause).

    I'll go to bed with my phone on 60% and I'll wake up 6 and a half hours later with ut on 5%. Another example would be, after a 100% charge, I'll do some internet browsing and check Facebook for an hour and it will have dropped to atleast 50%

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah they won't fix a crack screen for free, even Samsung won't do it in my country. Why would the warranty be void? You got the phone in October right?

    My battery used to drain 50% when I was asleep, the problem turned out to be Google Services. Like I said, get GSam and identify the problem or you could turn off your data when you sleep, that will stop eating the battery. It's up to you.
  15. #15  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    692 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: So annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Price View Post
    Well this is what has happened. I rang Virgin who have refused to fix the screen because they say it is physical damage and said they now can't fix my battery because my warranty is void, unless I pay 170 excess fee.

    I phoned Samsung who were much more helpful and told me to take it to my nearest Samsung engineer centre. They inspected it and said it is a pressure crack which can be caused by battery swelling (Which I think is the cause).

    I'll go to bed with my phone on 60% and I'll wake up 6 and a half hours later with ut on 5%. Another example would be, after a 100% charge, I'll do some internet browsing and check Facebook for an hour and it will have dropped to atleast 50%

    Posted via Android Central App
    Your pressure crack wasn't due to battery swelling, and I guarantee if you sent it to Samsung they would confirm it was impact damage aka physical damage caused by you.

    The fact that you refuse to take a simple screen shot of your battery usage, and give next to no info, tells me you either are hiding something or you don't know how and have too much pride to ask.

    When someone here tries to help you, and they ask you to provide more info, you do so to get said help. You don't just say "It's the battery"
    I have said it before, and I will say it again, I will eat my hat if I am wrong but I am going to guarantee you have an app running that is eating your battery. Prove me wrong and take a screen shot in the morning when it drains from 60% to 6% of your Battery Usage screen if you are so sure. If that doesn't prove without a doubt I am correct in saying it's NOT your battery, it's you. I will shut up!
    If you aren't going to post it, then stop asking for assistance, no one here is going to be able to help you, and it's not because they don't want to, it's because you aren't providing the information needed.

    Long story short. You caused the crack, you will have to pay to fix it. Second, it's not the battery, it's the user. Prove me wrong!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Similar Threads

  1. so what happens when battery dies in two or three years?
    By robbielyn in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 09:16 PM
  2. Nexus 7: I am so disappointed in this tablet... I want to sell it :(
    By jaimeastin in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 12:16 PM
  3. WHY DOES MY LG G2 BATTERY DIE so fast now?
    By bronze18 in forum T-Mobile LG G2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
  4. So much bloatware o my Korean Galaxy S3 SHV-E210K
    By skstrials in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 02:30 AM
  5. screen dims to black so I can't turn off autobright
    By ricopan in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions