1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP. i need to get pictures/videos off broken galaxy s4

My mom put my phone through the washer and it wont turn on anymore, we tried putting it in rice and in the freezer and still nothing.. the video of my daughter being born is on that phone and all the first pictures of her and I cant bear to lose them I looked on my google account and it only backed up my pictures and videos to a month before it broke so i'm wondering if I could get the rest off of the sim card? Help me pleaseeee.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: HELP. i need to get pictures/videos off broken galaxy s4

Quote Originally Posted by lynzrene View Post
    My mom put my phone through the washer and it wont turn on anymore, we tried putting it in rice and in the freezer and still nothing.. the video of my daughter being born is on that phone and all the first pictures of her and I cant bear to lose them I looked on my google account and it only backed up my pictures and videos to a month before it broke so i'm wondering if I could get the rest off of the sim card? Help me pleaseeee.
    Did the phone have an SD Card? Maybe see if you can put that SD Card on another phone and see what is inside. The sim card does not store photos or videos.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Did the phone have an SD Card? Maybe see if you can put that SD Card on another phone and see what is inside. The sim card does not store photos or videos.
    No it didn't:/ thank you anyways though!

I think you can get S4 reboot to get video pictures from it...

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Hate to say it, but if you put it in the freezer that is the worst thing you can possible do. The Urban Legend of freeing a hard drive/phone to allow recovery of data is not only that, and Urban Legend, it does unreleasable damage to the device. I doubt you will be getting anything off off the phone. Next time I would suggest, if you are storing something as important as your childs birth! You use a MicroSD card and back it up right away...
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---