Thoughts on the Galaxy S4 after 6 months.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have stuck it out with this phone. I have to say I'm pretty impressed and the time I have had with this phone has been quite enjoyable. Yes, its made of plastic. Yes, touchwiz is bloated and the phone lags on occasion. But its still a great phone. The screen was my first 1080p and its amazing. The camera is stellar. Its pretty speedy too. I don't think I could have asked for more out of it besides a cleaner ui;) but what phone do you guys suggest next? I'm actually leaning towards a moto g (don't kill me) because of the good performance I've seen from it. Its as fast as my s4 in my opinion. Who knows, but this is why I love the android world so much. There's a ton of choice:)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on the S4 after 6 months.

The G is actually a good phone for the price point. I have a Moto X, and I love it better than my S3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Well, I have stuck it out with this phone. I have to say I'm pretty impressed and the time I have had with this phone has been quite enjoyable. Yes, its made of plastic. Yes, touchwiz is bloated and the phone lags on occasion. But its still a great phone. The screen was my first 1080p and its amazing. The camera is stellar. Its pretty speedy too. I don't think I could have asked for more out of it besides a cleaner ui;) but what phone do you guys suggest next? I'm actually leaning towards a moto g (don't kill me) because of the good performance I've seen from my friends g. Its as fast as my s4 in my opinion. Who knows, but this is why I love the android world so much. There's a ton of choice:)

I agree. I've had mine for 8 or so months, and even though I have changed the ROM, it's still the same phone for the most part
When you say next phone, do you mean as a replacement for this one, or a backup? If it's the latter, I say go for it. I think I'm going that route myself. I don't think it would be a good replacement phone though. Maybe the Moto X would be :)

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I agree. I've had mine for 8 or so months, and even though I have changed the ROM, it's still the same phone for the most part
When you say next phone, do you mean as a replacement for this one, or a backup? If it's the latter, I say go for it. I think I'm going that route myself. I don't think it would be a good replacement phone though. Maybe the Moto X would be :)

Well, I'm curious about other phones and what they have to offer. Ex: moto G/X , Xperia, and Windows phone is catching my eye too. So maybe a replacement.:)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Well, I'm curious about other phones and what they have to offer. Ex: moto G/X , Xperia, and Windows phone is catching my eye too. So maybe a replacement.:)

So you'd be selling the S4, right? I'd get a Moto X :)

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
We generally rotate phones within family members.

I will use my iPod Touch 4th gen for another 2-3 years and Galaxy S4 for another 3-4 years.Then I will pass it to my bro and exchange it for his GS2.Dump my iTouch and get a new phone (GS2 replaces iTouch's place)
(I bought iTouch for 2010 Christmas and still rocking it as music player/alarm/browsing and GS2 has been used by my dad since its launch and now being used my mom and will be passed to my bro after 1-2 years)