1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thoughts on the Galaxy S4 after 6 months.

Well, I have stuck it out with this phone. I have to say I'm pretty impressed and the time I have had with this phone has been quite enjoyable. Yes, its made of plastic. Yes, touchwiz is bloated and the phone lags on occasion. But its still a great phone. The screen was my first 1080p and its amazing. The camera is stellar. Its pretty speedy too. I don't think I could have asked for more out of it besides a cleaner ui but what phone do you guys suggest next? I'm actually leaning towards a moto g (don't kill me) because of the good performance I've seen from my friends g. Its as fast as my s4 in my opinion. Who knows, but this is why I love the android world so much. There's a ton of choice

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Global Posts
    13,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Thoughts on the S4 after 6 months.

The G is actually a good phone for the price point. I have a Moto X, and I love it better than my S3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kolten Nay View Post
    Well, I have stuck it out with this phone. I have to say I'm pretty impressed and the time I have had with this phone has been quite enjoyable. Yes, its made of plastic. Yes, touchwiz is bloated and the phone lags on occasion. But its still a great phone. The screen was my first 1080p and its amazing. The camera is stellar. Its pretty speedy too. I don't think I could have asked for more out of it besides a cleaner ui but what phone do you guys suggest next? I'm actually leaning towards a moto g (don't kill me) because of the good performance I've seen from my friends g. Its as fast as my s4 in my opinion. Who knows, but this is why I love the android world so much. There's a ton of choice

I agree. I've had mine for 8 or so months, and even though I have changed the ROM, it's still the same phone for the most part
    When you say next phone, do you mean as a replacement for this one, or a backup? If it's the latter, I say go for it. I think I'm going that route myself. I don't think it would be a good replacement phone though. Maybe the Moto X would be
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I agree. I've had mine for 8 or so months, and even though I have changed the ROM, it's still the same phone for the most part
    When you say next phone, do you mean as a replacement for this one, or a backup? If it's the latter, I say go for it. I think I'm going that route myself. I don't think it would be a good replacement phone though. Maybe the Moto X would be
    Well, I'm curious about other phones and what they have to offer. Ex: moto G/X , Xperia, and Windows phone is catching my eye too. So maybe a replacement.

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Well, I'm curious about other phones and what they have to offer. Ex: moto G/X , Xperia, and Windows phone is catching my eye too. So maybe a replacement.

So you'd be selling the S4, right? I'd get a Moto X

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Re: Thoughts on the Galaxy S4 after 6 months.

That's what I'm thinking right now.

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

That's what I'm thinking right now.

Do it! I wish I could

We generally rotate phones within family members.

I will use my iPod Touch 4th gen for another 2-3 years and Galaxy S4 for another 3-4 years.Then I will pass it to my bro and exchange it for his GS2.Dump my iTouch and get a new phone (GS2 replaces iTouch's place)
    (I bought iTouch for 2010 Christmas and still rocking it as music player/alarm/browsing and GS2 has been used by my dad since its launch and now being used my mom and will be passed to my bro after 1-2 years)