Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default USB Connection to Vehicle

I plugged my Galaxy S4 into the USB port of my 2013 Chevy Malibu yesterday. MyLink (the GM Infotainment system) saw the phone and began playing all the sound files that were on the phone (mostly ring tones). However the car did not find the 1000 MP3's on the micro-SD card in the phone. Is there a way to make that happen?

Default Re: USB Connection to Vehicle

Put all your 1000 mp3s on a flashdrive and leave it plugged into your chevy. It's all of a $5 upgrade to your car toss in an OTG cable and you can then update your cars media storage(flashdrive) with what ever is on your phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: USB Connection to Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Put all your 1000 mp3s on a flashdrive and leave it plugged into your chevy. It's all of a $5 upgrade to your car toss in an OTG cable and you can then update your cars media storage(flashdrive) with what ever is on your phone.
    You are correct of course. That is the more practical way to go. In fact I have a collection of thumb/flash drives in my 2010 Terrain with tunes on them. I just like to play and have things working even if I will probably never make use of the feature......