3g won't work but have moblie data on

separationx

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I went to Chicago to be with my mom since I go to college in a different state but when I came back to Nashville, my 3G stopped working. I factory resetted, I made sure the mobile date was on along with the roaming but I still don't get 3G. Help???

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More, then Mobile Networks, then look at your Preferred Network Type. Make sure it is appropriate for your local network.

separationx

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I looked at everything and then put my phone on airplane mode for a few seconds and turned it off and still nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking specifically about 3G (which is slower than 4G), or are you talking about mobile data in general? Is there no 4G available in your area?

separationx

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
All of it. Mobile data is on but not working. It was working fine last semester and in my mom's house but when I came back whereever I go it won't connect to the internet, send mms, anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your wifi on? If it's on and connecting to your mom's network, that usually turns off mobile data automatically. And if your mom's wifi network is working poorly or not at all for some reason, then your phone won't get any internet connection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's a problem with the mobile data radio itself, or the antenna. Since you mentioned already that you tried a factory data reset, the next step will probably be for you to bring the phone into a cellphone repair shop, or call Samsung if it's still under warranty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it's an AT&T thing. You probably know other people on AT&T--ask them if they're having problems.

Stubbo

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine does this intermittently

Have you tried pulling the battery out for 30 seconds?

I find the restart option on the phone doesn't fix this, but battery pull does (reminds me of my blackberry days!)

Aufidious

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. I have just now gone into "SIM toolkit" witch i found in my apps and selected "get settings". Then followed the instructions givin. Took about 5 min. Now my mobile data works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34