- 116 Posts
Stole/lost phone app
I was skiing this past weekend and we found an iphone 5 on the slopes. We turned the phone on and a message appeared on the screen saying this phone is lost and if found please call number XXX-XXX-XXXX.
Which we did and the person got their phone back.
Is there an app similar to this for the Android? I know not everyone would return the phone but just in case it would be nice to have a message appear on it and track the phone too.
- 02-10-2014, 01:17 PM #2
Re: Stole/lost phone app
First of all, good for you! I hope that person showed some real gratitude.
Second, you can always display a contact number (separate from the cell phone number) as part of the Owner Info on your lockscreen (Settings>Security>Owner Info).
Third, Google has the Android Device Manager which allows you to track and erase your device--the trick being, of course, that the phone's mobile data or wi-fi needs to be on and connected, or the GPS needs to be on. Other security apps like Lookout also have features like this.
- 02-10-2014, 01:20 PM #3
- By zetodavido in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 16Last Post: 02-17-2014, 10:11 AM
- By spudskier in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 2Last Post: 02-11-2014, 07:23 AM
- By dzigner in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2014, 07:51 PM
- By Karleen77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-10-2014, 12:06 PM
- By rexbaumgartner in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM