Folders on the home screen stays open.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So I recently got my me s4 about a week ago. I'm still figuring out how I want my home screens set up but one thing has been bothering me. I use both the samsung email app (for my exchange account from work) and the gmail app for my personal accounts. I know I could use the samsung app for my gmail, but then I would lose push functionality. So I created a folder on the dock for email with both apps in it. What I don't like is that when I open the folder choose the email app I want the folder stays open. Meaning when I'm do e reading my email and press the home button I get to the home screen but the folder is still open, I have to press the home button again in order to close it. Why would I want that? Does anyone know if there is a way to change this, or should I just get rid of one of the apps from my home screen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This lovely (not) change came with the last update and I don't think there's any way to change it. Just hope it changes with the impending kit Kat update.

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am frustrated by this as well. Not happy that there's no way to fix this. Hopefully kit kat comes soon and this goes away.

Posted via Android Central App

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 3 and it came with 4.3 and the folders dont do that, but my wifes s4 does, and 4.3 on the Note has it share of bugs, but the S4 4.3 has those and a few of its own...I hope 4.4 fixes them...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It can be irritating, but there are several ways to close the folder after you finish with the app you opened from inside the folder, including just tapping anywhere on the page outside the folder "window", including on the folder icon itself, so it doesn't bother me too much.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't gotten the kit kat update yet this annoyance is now gone. At least from the sprint variation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad