Battery help?

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Very decent battery life imo , It looks like there was a wakelock for about 1 hour duration , have you identified the source ?
I think you will give much better battery life if you can fix that wakelock.That would bring awesome 4h screen time.

I get around 4 hours screen-on time and 8-9 hours standby with brightness above 75% throughout sometimes 100% all the time (No task killers , No battery saver apps , No Anti-virus)

What is a wavelock? Haven't heard that term before

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is a wavelock? Haven't heard that term before

A wakelock keeps an Android device awake in order to perform a task. There are full wakelocks and partial ones. Full wakelocks typically keep the screen on (like, for example, if you're watching a video), while partial wakelocks will awaken the device without activating the screen in order to perform a task (like Facebook checking for new posts or messages).

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
A wakelock keeps an Android device awake in order to perform a task. There are full wakelocks and partial ones. Full wakelocks typically keep the screen on (like, for example, if you're watching a video), while partial wakelocks will awaken the device without activating the screen in order to perform a task (like Facebook checking for new posts or messages).

I see..I don't think I have anything that does that on its own that I know of other than something that I caused the screen to activate

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Lots of apps and system processes execute wakelocks--they're generally normal, but with some apps, they can get out of hand. Apps like Wake lock Detector can show you what's keeping the device awake, but it doesn't work on KitKat, I think.

Posted via Android Central App

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Lots of apps and system processes execute wakelocks--they're generally normal, but with some apps, they can get out of hand. Apps like Wake lock Detector can show you what's keeping the device awake, but it doesn't work on KitKat, I think.

Posted via Android Central App

How come they don't work on kitkat ? is there any specific reason like API's ?