S4 Display Smearing / Ghost Problem

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Nice explanation, however the AMOLED in the GS3 did NOT exhibit this problem... The S4 display is nicer to look at when viewing static images, but the S3 has a faster pixel refresh. I don't like it, but oh well.

This is what happens when Samsung uses a GPU equivalent to iPad 2/iPhone 4s in 2011

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Not a fix, but a work around that almost completely hides this problem. Install Screen adjuster from Play Store. Set to autostart on boot, set RGB values to +5/+5/+5. Nothing else. Done!

ammar11013

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
i have encountered same problem which may be called as screen ghosting or screen mearing when viewing any video there are some black colors moving to the screen but i found Screen Adjuster and set R G B to +5 +5 +5 and yeah it really worked ! Thanks !

ammar11013

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Have any one gone to service centre for this ?
Because
This problem is really disapointing
I have gs4 and i wish i would have switch to another device because of its screen mearing problem
Because there is no fun in watching movies

Last edited by a moderator:

ammar11013

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Have any one gone to service centre for this ?
Because
This problem is really disapointing
I have gs4 and i wish i would have switch to another device because of its screen mearing problem
Because there is no fun in watching movies
Third party smearing fixing apps doesn't seems to fix it well even it tends to lagg phone much when it is opened

viniciusrodsilva

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Not a fix, but a work around that almost completely hides this problem. Install Screen adjuster from Play Store. Set to autostart on boot, set RGB values to +5/+5/+5. Nothing else. Done!

Hi, sorry, I'm late xD

I'm also facing this problem with my Google Pixel.

It's very disappointing, and once seen, can't be unseen. :/

Setting RGB values to +5/+5/+5 is a great tip, really works, but the only problem is that the colors get a bit worse, specially black, it didn't get too black.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance