Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help with nova launcher

I'm tried installing nova launcher just to get an icon pack, if had no idea what I was doing or no idea that I had to root. I don't want to root and now I can't get this Touch wiz thing off my phone. How can I completely erase this nova stuff?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: help with nova launcher

Welcome to the forums!!

If you want to get rid of the app you can go into: Settings > Apps then go over to the Downloaded tab and scroll down to Nova. You can delete it from there.

You also mentioned you wanted to get rid of Touch Wiz? That can only be done by rooting.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Nova launcher doesnt require root and touch wiz is the factory launcher. Ive been using nova launcher for over a year now and I am currently running a kitkat icon theme.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks! I'm kind of new to my galaxy s4 and I didn't realize touch wiz came pre installed. I panicked that I messed something up when every time I pressed the home button I would get something about TouchWiz Home. I never saw that before but now I know what it is. I'm still curious to use nova launcher but I'm a little bit nervous of messing my phone up.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I really want the Glo icon pack they look awesome. That's my entire reason for wanting nova launcher lol

Global Posts
    22,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Hughes View Post
    I really want the Glo icon pack they look awesome. That's my entire reason for wanting nova launcher lol

Icon packs require a third party launcher. Main reason being stock ones don't allow that change. Get the free version of Nova and that will allow use of icon packs.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here