S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

Asim Warraich

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hiya,

I need help with s4. Messaging icon isn't appearing in my phone. Neither in home screen nor in apps. But whenever i receive a messages it shows that i have received a message but once i have read that it won't appear again till the time i don't receive a new message. I also have installed tango in my phone so first i receive a message in tango messenger and after 10 i ll receive a notification from default messenger. i have tired searching it in google but seems like i am the only one who have this problem. :(

Please Reply at your convenience.

Many Thanks and Kindest Regards
Asim

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hiya,

I need help with s4. Messaging icon isn't appearing in my phone. Neither in home screen nor in apps. But whenever i receive a messages it shows that i have received a message but once i have read that it won't appear again till the time i don't receive a new message. I also have installed tango in my phone so first i receive a message in tango messenger and after 10 i ll receive a notification from default messenger. i have tired searching it in google but seems like i am the only one who have this problem. :(

Please Reply at your convenience.

Many Thanks and Kindest Regards
Asim

Welcome to Android Central :)
So it's not showing on your home screen or in your app drawer?
What if you go to the app drawer and then to manage apps? It should still be there

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Asim Warraich

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
So it's not showing on your home screen or in your app drawer?
What if you go to the app drawer and then to manage apps? It should still be there

If you mean device manager and then application manager then yes its not showing itself even in there. I am sure its still installed but I am unable to retrieve the icon. Thanks for your reply indeed.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you mean device manager and then application manager then yes its not showing itself even in there. I am sure its still installed but I am unable to retrieve the icon. Thanks for your reply indeed.

Welcome to the forums. You may be able to find and sideload the original apk file. As to where to find it, I am not sure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

That's weird. You can still go into the app when you receive notifications though, right?
I know that flashing the stock firmware will likely get you back to where you should be, but it'll also delete all of your data like a factory reset would.
If you want to back up your data then try that, you should be good to go :)

Asim Warraich

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well i have restored my phone to factory settings and messages icon is back but now i am unable to login my google account in it as it seems account is really necessary to restore my settings and data. Thanks a lot for your help.

Asim Warraich

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Golf and UJ95x but it seems that worst part is now as for last 4 hours i am trying to sign in my google account but always getting this message "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care". i have checked many forums and have tried few methods which are told on help forums but nothing working so far. Any Suggestion?????

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Golf and UJ95x but it seems that worst part is now as for last 4 hours i am trying to sign in my google account but always getting this message "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care". i have checked many forums and have tried few methods which are told on help forums but nothing working so far. Any Suggestion?????

Are you trying on WiFi or mobile data?

Asim Warraich

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
i ve tried on both wifi and 3g. After that i did hard reset, cleared cache, rooted it but nothing is happening in favour. Every time i am receiving same error message.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, application manager, menu, reset app preferences.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app