Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Exclamation S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Hiya,

    I need help with s4. Messaging icon isn't appearing in my phone. Neither in home screen nor in apps. But whenever i receive a messages it shows that i have received a message but once i have read that it won't appear again till the time i don't receive a new message. I also have installed tango in my phone so first i receive a message in tango messenger and after 10 i ll receive a notification from default messenger. i have tired searching it in google but seems like i am the only one who have this problem.

    Please Reply at your convenience.

    Many Thanks and Kindest Regards
    Asim
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Quote Originally Posted by Asim Warraich View Post
    Hiya,

    I need help with s4. Messaging icon isn't appearing in my phone. Neither in home screen nor in apps. But whenever i receive a messages it shows that i have received a message but once i have read that it won't appear again till the time i don't receive a new message. I also have installed tango in my phone so first i receive a message in tango messenger and after 10 i ll receive a notification from default messenger. i have tired searching it in google but seems like i am the only one who have this problem.

    Please Reply at your convenience.

    Many Thanks and Kindest Regards
    Asim
    Welcome to Android Central
    So it's not showing on your home screen or in your app drawer?
    What if you go to the app drawer and then to manage apps? It should still be there

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to Android Central
    So it's not showing on your home screen or in your app drawer?
    What if you go to the app drawer and then to manage apps? It should still be there

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    If you mean device manager and then application manager then yes its not showing itself even in there. I am sure its still installed but I am unable to retrieve the icon. Thanks for your reply indeed.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Quote Originally Posted by Asim Warraich View Post
    If you mean device manager and then application manager then yes its not showing itself even in there. I am sure its still installed but I am unable to retrieve the icon. Thanks for your reply indeed.
    Welcome to the forums. You may be able to find and sideload the original apk file. As to where to find it, I am not sure.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Quote Originally Posted by Asim Warraich View Post
    If you mean device manager and then application manager then yes its not showing itself even in there. I am sure its still installed but I am unable to retrieve the icon. Thanks for your reply indeed.
    That's weird. You can still go into the app when you receive notifications though, right?
    I know that flashing the stock firmware will likely get you back to where you should be, but it'll also delete all of your data like a factory reset would.
    If you want to back up your data then try that, you should be good to go

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    I found a working apk. of the Messaging app
    http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-ga...pk-please.html

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Well i have restored my phone to factory settings and messages icon is back but now i am unable to login my google account in it as it seems account is really necessary to restore my settings and data. Thanks a lot for your help.
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Glad you got something to work. See you around the forums.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Thanks Golf and UJ95x but it seems that worst part is now as for last 4 hours i am trying to sign in my google account but always getting this message "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care". i have checked many forums and have tried few methods which are told on help forums but nothing working so far. Any Suggestion?????
  10. #10  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Quote Originally Posted by Asim Warraich View Post
    Thanks Golf and UJ95x but it seems that worst part is now as for last 4 hours i am trying to sign in my google account but always getting this message "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care". i have checked many forums and have tried few methods which are told on help forums but nothing working so far. Any Suggestion?????
    Are you trying on WiFi or mobile data?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    i ve tried on both wifi and 3g. After that i did hard reset, cleared cache, rooted it but nothing is happening in favour. Every time i am receiving same error message.
  12. #12  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    where i can find app preference in S4?
  14. #14  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: S4 Messages Icon isn't appearing

    Go to settings, application manager, menu, reset app preferences.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. S4 Display Smearing / Ghost Problem
    By Alextodd1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 08:19 AM
  2. Disappearing alarm icon
    By cq1125 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
  3. S4 stock email question: marking as read
    By fotyc in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions