- 1 Posts
Get text message text to scroll thru top menu bar?
I just upgraded from a S2 to an S4 Active. On my old phone, when I received a text message, the name of the sender and actual text of that message would scroll thru the top menu bar (to the left of the time) as I received the text. And if I pulled down the top menu, it would show me the message and sender without ever having to click on the message. Now all I get is "New message received." I have to pull down the top menu and then click on "New message" to read the message (thus actually opening my message inbox). I miss the convenience I had before... any tips on how to remedy this?
Also, I use a lot of smiley faces while typing and there is no smiley face button on the S4 keyboard. I am aware that if you press the menu button you can insert smileys in texts. However this doesn't work in Facebook Messenger or Google Talk, which I tend to use even more than texts. Is there a way to easily insert smileys in these apps?
- 02-12-2014, 08:44 PM #2
Re: Get text message text to scroll thru top menu bar?
Try a different SMS app. I really like Textra (it has the option to scroll the text when it comes in) but there are lots of options available
As for smileys, try a different keyboard. I used SwiftKey for a long time, but now I'm liking Kii Keyboard. Both have smiley/emoji options available.A Unicorn showed me the way.....
- 02-12-2014, 09:57 PM #3
- By Justin Cardwell in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
- By warrl in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 10:50 PM
- By JeffDenver in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 02-13-2014, 01:26 PM
- By MLRyan in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:26 PM
- By texrock59 in forum Incredible 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2014, 06:49 PM