1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Get text message text to scroll thru top menu bar?

Hi there,

I just upgraded from a S2 to an S4 Active. On my old phone, when I received a text message, the name of the sender and actual text of that message would scroll thru the top menu bar (to the left of the time) as I received the text. And if I pulled down the top menu, it would show me the message and sender without ever having to click on the message. Now all I get is "New message received." I have to pull down the top menu and then click on "New message" to read the message (thus actually opening my message inbox). I miss the convenience I had before... any tips on how to remedy this?

Also, I use a lot of smiley faces while typing and there is no smiley face button on the S4 keyboard. I am aware that if you press the menu button you can insert smileys in texts. However this doesn't work in Facebook Messenger or Google Talk, which I tend to use even more than texts. Is there a way to easily insert smileys in these apps?

Thanks all

Default Re: Get text message text to scroll thru top menu bar?

Try a different SMS app. I really like Textra (it has the option to scroll the text when it comes in) but there are lots of options available

As for smileys, try a different keyboard. I used SwiftKey for a long time, but now I'm liking Kii Keyboard. Both have smiley/emoji options available.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Default Re: Get text message text to scroll thru top menu bar?

When I get SMS on my S4 it does scroll through the top menu bar. U can also read it if you pull down top menu.
    Enable message preview in text messaging settings, unless it's different on S4 Active.