Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 i9500 (calling and texting issues)

Okay I received this phone a couple of weeks ago and it has been working totally fine. Last friday I was on whatsapp then as usual put it on my bedside went to sleep then charged it for 30mins to get the battery life back to 100% in the morning... an hour later I wanted to make a call and I realised it just won't ring it just says call ended I tried at least 20 times to make a call the result remained the same. I decided to send and sms (text message) as an alternative and it just said message unable to send.. Strangely only my internet was working... I took out the battery and sim and wiped it a couple of times but that still didn't work unfortunately! I am so upset, I knew it was the phones problem and not the sim because it does sat T-mobile at the bottom but I called up T-mobile anyway just to confirm and the lady said that my sim is working fine there is no issue. I put the same T-mobile sim into other phones and it worked perfectly. I tried other sims in my phone because my phone is unlocked and the same results persisted no outgoing calls can be made no incoming calls received and can't send a text just only surf the net. So I have concluded it is the phone that has the issue.. I go to my call settings and just as I suspected my calls and texts have been disabled I thought it could just simply be enabled but when I go to do so it just says Sim or network error something like that I just don't know what to do only my internet is working can somebody help me. Because nobody touches my phone and I have never tampered with the call settings because i wouldn't know how to rectify this problem please help me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Re: S4 i9500 (calling and texting issues)

Quote Originally Posted by egosha osagiede View Post
    Okay I received this phone a couple of weeks ago and it has been working totally fine. Last friday I was on whatsapp then as usual put it on my bedside went to sleep then charged it for 30mins to get the battery life back to 100% in the morning... an hour later I wanted to make a call and I realised it just won't ring it just says call ended I tried at least 20 times to make a call the result remained the same. I decided to send and sms (text message) as an alternative and it just said message unable to send.. Strangely only my internet was working... I took out the battery and sim and wiped it a couple of times but that still didn't work unfortunately! I am so upset, I knew it was the phones problem and not the sim because it does sat T-mobile at the bottom but I called up T-mobile anyway just to confirm and the lady said that my sim is working fine there is no issue. I put the same T-mobile sim into other phones and it worked perfectly. I tried other sims in my phone because my phone is unlocked and the same results persisted no outgoing calls can be made no incoming calls received and can't send a text just only surf the net. So I have concluded it is the phone that has the issue.. I go to my call settings and just as I suspected my calls and texts have been disabled I thought it could just simply be enabled but when I go to do so it just says Sim or network error something like that I just don't know what to do only my internet is working can somebody help me. Because nobody touches my phone and I have never tampered with the call settings because i wouldn't know how to rectify this problem please help me
    I am guessing that your internet is only working via WIFI and not your provider. If that is the case. It sounds like your IMEI has been blacklisted. And that usually happens when the phone is reported stolen. Where exactly did you buy that phone?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---