- 1 Posts
Contact ID's with the same phone number but different extensions.
I'm having an issue with my Samsung S4 where when I call a contact at my company with an extension number preprogramed in my phone, the contact ID shows up as one specific person at the company and not the person I'm calling. The main number is the same but the extension is different. Then if I want to call that person again from the call history, only the wrong person's name shows and when I press dial, it will only call the main number and no extension. I have to go back into the contact list and find the person whom I want to call. Is there a way to have my recent history show the person I want to call back
- 02-16-2014, 09:24 AM #2
Re: Contact ID's with the same phone number but different extensions.
I don't know how you've got them set up in your phone, but if you've got them all listed like "(Company name) - person's name" change it, so that it's "Person's name - company name". And make each a separate contact. Use the company name as the contact's last name. Example:
and so on. I haven't played with a GS4, so I'm not sure how the contacts/people app is set up on it. It should work, as everything is separate contacts with distinct names, even if the phone number is the same (not counting the extension of course)
- By Deadly_Poison630 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 02-19-2014, 11:50 AM
- By Axic10 in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 05:07 PM
- By Spicey-Ryan in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 04:35 PM
- By pmurphy3304 in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM
- By Janine Gibson in forum iPhone/iOSReplies: 1Last Post: 02-14-2014, 10:43 AM