Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS message preview

In messaging when you select this function, why does if show a big grayed out box at the bottom of the lock screen when you touch it? Shouldn't it take you into messaging app? Is this some sort of bug?

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: SMS message preview

The grayed out box is for you to unlock your phone. It's not a bug, but I agree that they should have just made it so that tapping the preview would take you into the app

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by ReMarkable2112 View Post
    In messaging when you select this function, why does if show a big grayed out box at the bottom of the lock screen when you touch it? Shouldn't it take you into messaging app? Is this some sort of bug?

Touch it and without lifting your finger drag down. You should then see a white outline box with the message preview inside. Then tap the message preview and it will take you directly to the message in the messaging app. It's more complicated than it should be but that's how it functions unfortunately, at least for me. If you don't touch and drag correctly you get the gray box that you described. It is a little finicky to make this work.
    UJ95x likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Touch it and without lifting your finger drag down. You should then see a white outline box with the message preview inside. Then tap the message preview and it will take you directly to the message in the messaging app. It's more complicated than it should be but that's how it functions unfortunately, at least for me. If you don't touch and drag correctly you get the gray box that you described. It is a little finicky to make this work.
    Ill try that on next incoming. Samsung should have put a little more thought in to this for the user.

^^totally agree! it should be much easier. It's just as fast to pull down the notification shade and tap the message notification, generally more reliable too.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    ^^totally agree! it should be much easier. It's just as fast to pull down the notification shade and tap the message notification, generally more reliable too.
    I have used a third party popup app to overcome this maybe when we get kitkat it will work better?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ReMarkable2112 View Post
    Ill try that on next incoming. Samsung should have put a little more thought in to this for the user.

I cant seem to make that work I must not be holding my mouth right😞