SMS message preview

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
In messaging when you select this function, why does if show a big grayed out box at the bottom of the lock screen when you touch it? Shouldn't it take you into messaging app? Is this some sort of bug?

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The grayed out box is for you to unlock your phone. It's not a bug, but I agree that they should have just made it so that tapping the preview would take you into the app

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In messaging when you select this function, why does if show a big grayed out box at the bottom of the lock screen when you touch it? Shouldn't it take you into messaging app? Is this some sort of bug?

Touch it and without lifting your finger drag down. You should then see a white outline box with the message preview inside. Then tap the message preview and it will take you directly to the message in the messaging app. It's more complicated than it should be but that's how it functions unfortunately, at least for me. If you don't touch and drag correctly you get the gray box that you described. It is a little finicky to make this work.

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Touch it and without lifting your finger drag down. You should then see a white outline box with the message preview inside. Then tap the message preview and it will take you directly to the message in the messaging app. It's more complicated than it should be but that's how it functions unfortunately, at least for me. If you don't touch and drag correctly you get the gray box that you described. It is a little finicky to make this work.

Ill try that on next incoming. Samsung should have put a little more thought in to this for the user.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
^^totally agree! it should be much easier. It's just as fast to pull down the notification shade and tap the message notification, generally more reliable too.

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
^^totally agree! it should be much easier. It's just as fast to pull down the notification shade and tap the message notification, generally more reliable too.

I have used a third party popup app to overcome this maybe when we get kitkat it will work better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781