Back Up/Hard Reset

LadyTravel

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I am having issues with my S4 and I need to do a Hard reset. Can someone tell me where to find info on how to do the Backup please. I would appreciate it so much. Thanks in Advance.

Angela Udechukwu

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Depending on what you need to back up, you can use Kies to back up text messages, just plugging the device into your PC can back up most other files by dragging and dropping, contacts can be backed up by either Kies or if you have them synced to Google, there is no need to worry about that.

If I misses anything, ask away.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

LadyTravel

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much. Is Kies already on my phone or do I have to get it? I don't see it on my phone and how about my games? Where do I put them? Can I save my saved voicemail messages as well?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much. Is Kies already on my phone or do I have to get it? I don't see it on my phone and how about my games? Where do I put them? Can I save my saved voicemail messages as well?

Sorry for the delay; at work. Kies can be found on Samsung's website. Its kind of like iTunes.

Game saves are a little bit of a different animal. The game may save on the developers server, I would see if they have a website, where that question can be asked.
As for voicemail messages, Kies might be able to save those, I am not sure. Been over a year since I really needed to use it, and I no longer have any Samsungs.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
For an unrooted phone, I recommend the free app Helium available in the Play Store. It will back up virtually everything including game progress.

It's very easy to use, but you will have to connect to your PC before you start to authorize access to back everything up. That's a security thing in Android that has to be done if you don't have root access. The process is easy, and explained on the Helium page in the store.

Posted via Android Central App