Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S4 shutdown automatically

I am using Samsung S4 from last 6 months and since last 2 days, my samsung S4 shutdowns automatically.

Findings:
    1) It will shutdown automatically randomly at any battery percentage level.
    2) It will get stuck and then it will shutdown.
    3) Soon the keypad is locked, and when I try to unlock tthe keypad, the display wont turn up and only the lights on the keyboard (Back Key and Menu Key) will lighten up.
    4) Battery does not gets charged, Have to remove the battery and keep it aside for like almost 15-20 mins and then after putting the battery back in its slot, the phone will restart and battery will start getting charged.
    5) Phone tenperature remains warm all the time.

There are no other Apps installed except Whatsapp, Facebook and Load Monitor. The Load monitor load rises and then the phone either gets stuck or loses the display.

P.S.: I was trying to make this post since last 3 hours with my normal battery and have just replaced the battery from my another phone and to my surprise guess what? My phone has neither lag nor stuck at any moment.

Anyone having similar problems like me please let me know the solutions if you have fixed the issue.

Default Re: Samsung S4 shutdown automatically

Quote Originally Posted by qjhaji View Post
    P.S.: I was trying to make this post since last 3 hours with my normal battery and have just replaced the battery from my another phone and to my surprise guess what? My phone has neither lag nor stuck at any moment.
    Sounds like you have a defective battery? A battery overheating, not charging properly and just plain freaking out can have adverse affects on the device.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung S4 shutdown automatically

Update: Even the replaced battery isnt getting charged... any ideas about this issue? Coz now I feel this is something with the device....
    Last edited by qjhaji; 02-17-2014 at 08:23 AM.