Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anyone received the KitKat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

Did anyone get the update yet?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-06-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Default re: Has anyone received the Kit Kat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

No not yet x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Default re: Has anyone received the Kit Kat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

Hopefully this month on Rogers

Posted from my SGH-I337M
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Im still waiting for my update on sprint on my s4 they say it already out.im still waiting
    Last edited by whoknows00100; 02-18-2014 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

I am on Sprint and still waiting. I have seen a link elsewhere on AC that allows you to manually update, but I prefer to wait for it to come OTA.
    BrandonC likes this.

I got it last night. I had to clear the data under google services framework and then do the check for samsung software update. This forced the update install.

Article on AC says it's coming today. Doesn't say who is first but s4 is on the list.

Posted via Android Central App

No UK OTA update yet.

Quote Originally Posted by realwilliamlees View Post
    No UK OTA update yet.

Don't think we will be seeing this for quite a while yet.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini.

Default Re: Has anyone received the Kit Kat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

Yup got it last week

Default Re: Has anyone received the Kit Kat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

I'm on sprint I got it by doing that Google frowork thing took me two time but I got it

Those that have it, whatcha think about it?

Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    Galaxy S4
    XOOM
    Tab 2
    rootless
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I got the update what u all like about the update?

I may have to hold off once it pops up. I'll wait for someone else to report in that flappy birds still works before I upgrade..
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I just got it this morning (Sprint, east coast USA) and love it so far.
    Among a noticeable speed upgrade, the keyboard now slides on and off the screen and the battery meter is white.
    The "Clear" button in the notification panel appears to be bigger, which is nice for those of us with normal sized fingers.

The only bug I've noticed is the black default menus now "smudge" really bad. But if this is the only bug, I'll take it along with all of the changes.

I'm on Verizon, and have not gotten any update yet.

I got it this morning but have not installed it yet

I'm on Verizon and will be looking for it mid summer lol

Did ya'll do a full reset and reinstall? Or just upgrade your present install?

Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    Galaxy S4
    XOOM
    Tab 2
    rootless

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Got mine this morning on US Cellular. So far everything is working well, including Flappy Bird. It was a simple download and install- no issues. Apart from the all white notification bar, new font, and full album art on the lock screen when you play music, I don't notice many new changes. I use nova launcher and an icon pack, so I haven't noticed any changes there (I heard Touchwiz UI is supposed to be much faster). It feels smooth, and everything has been working normally (including with my Pebble).
    Thanked by:
    shdw493 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shdw493 View Post
    I got it last night. I had to clear the data under google services framework and then do the check for samsung software update. This forced the update install.
    Clearing the system framework I heard can really mess up your device is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC View Post
    Clearing the system framework I heard can really mess up your device is that true?
    Afraid so - there have been a few threads about it but this one should shed the most light on it.
    PSA - Clearing Google Services Framework data is never a good idea.
    Thanked by:
    Wayren 
    Wayren likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

What everyone think about the new update?

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

If your answer is yes, you got the update, please include your provider in your note.

I am with TMobile, nothing yet. Big surprise right. We may receive an update by the turn of the century.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast