Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 broken screen HELP!

I have dropped my S4, and broken the LCD. I would like to sell the broken S4, but the only way I know how to reset the phone is to see the screen?

1) does anyone know who to reset phone without seeing the screen?
    2) if I remove the SIM, but do not reset phone...what are the risks I run if the person I sell to repairs the screen? Will they be able to retrieve my information or data without the sim?

THANKS

Default Re: Galaxy S4 broken screen HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by adngo84 View Post
    I have dropped my S4, and broken the LCD. I would like to sell the broken S4, but the only way I know how to reset the phone is to see the screen?

1) does anyone know who to reset phone without seeing the screen?
    2) if I remove the SIM, but do not reset phone...what are the risks I run if the person I sell to repairs the screen? Will they be able to retrieve my information or data without the sim?

THANKS
    I would recommend connecting it up to a PC and use samsung kies software to factory reset the phone. That way u are guaranteed that the phone is wiped
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    I would recommend connecting it up to a PC and use samsung kies software to factory reset the phone. That way u are guaranteed that the phone is wiped
    Thanks for your response. I have downloaded Kies, and see a way to restore my phone, but not to reset to factory settings? Any advice? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adngo84 View Post
    Thanks for your response. I have downloaded Kies, and see a way to restore my phone, but not to reset to factory settings? Any advice? Thanks.
    Hi, I haven't done it myself before, but I believe there are instructions on the following website, good luck
    [Guide] Restore you phone to factory by Samsung Kies. Works on most Samsung units. - xda-developers