Samsung Galaxy S4 gets HOT while charging.

Aussrh420

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I own a samsung galaxy s4 for about two months now and I will say I do love it! I had a problem with it getting very hot when I first got it, but a factory reset fixed that. The other night while it was charging it was extremely hot! It almost seemed like I could smell it....last night it did the same thing but it was fine when I left the house....is this normal for these phones?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s4 gets HOT while charging.

I own a samsung galaxy s4 for about two months now and I will say I do love it! I had a problem with it getting very hot when I first got it, but a factory reset fixed that. The other night while it was charging it was extremely hot! It almost seemed like I could smell it....last night it did the same thing but it was fine when I left the house....is this normal for these phones?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

It is fairly normal for phones to get hot while charging. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Posted via Android Central App

Aidan64

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I would charge my battery overnight to 100%. 4 hours later the battery would be at 10%. This has only happened in the last 2 weeks. My phone would also be red hot after charging After reading other forums I have done the following

1. Turned off motions and gestures and Air View from the Settings. I didnt really use these anyway
2. Turned of Use GPS Satellite from the Location in Settings
3. Clicked Power Saving Mode from the drag down menu
4. Disabled sync in the Settings - Accounts for all the accounts
5. Downloaded Battery Booster Lite
6. Deleted the last 3-4 apps I downloaded - could have been a rogue app
7. Turned off Wi-Fi when I was not in a Wi-Fi area.
8. Deleted cleaner apps. Manually deleted cache etc from the Settings-More-Applications Manager

Nothing worked. I still had the same problems as before up until yesterday. I read on another forum that the sd card drains the battery on the S4. I took out my sd card. Simple as that. It worked. I have taken my phone off charge 3 1/2 hours ago. Battery is at 80%. Would have been down to 30% or less when I had the issues.