Android 4.4.2

BrandonC

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to Android 4.4.2 on my Sprint Galaxy S4 and I noticed I can't hide applications n that some of my apps got deleted and it didnt update to 4.4.1 first it went straight from 4.3 to 4.4.2 is this suppose to happen? And how can I hide my apps again

Posted via Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to Android 4.4.2 on my Sprint Galaxy S4 and I noticed I can't hide applications n that some of my apps got deleted and it didnt update to 4.4.1 first it went straight from 4.3 to 4.4.2 is this suppose to happen? And how can I hide my apps again

I haven't gotten an update to KitKat for my phone yet but what launcher are you using? With Nova Launcher, you can hide apps. If you can't figure out how to do it on KitKat, I'd suggest looking into Nova Launcher. Nova Launcher is awesome in so many ways and while it is a paid app (for the pro version) it's worth every penny.

Once downloaded go to Nova settings, drawer, hide apps.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It can skip version numbers, that's fine.
You can try using a different launcher to hide apps

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

BrandonC

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I been using the default launcher haven't installed any apps for different launcher it worked on 4.3 when I had my page open to view apps n press the menu key I would see hide applications now I do it and that option isn't there anymore

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I been using the default launcher haven't installed any apps for different launcher it worked on 4.3 when I had my page open to view apps n press the menu key I would see hide applications now I do it and that option isn't there anymore

If it's not there, your only option for doing so would be to install a different launcher

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Got 4.4.2 yesterday on my Sprint GS4 and I've been enjoying all of the upgrades.
For one, everything seems to be much smoother (especially web browsing), the lock screen music controls have been redesigned, the keyboard now actually has an animation, and the screen fades off when the phone is locked.

Unfortunately I've noticed a whole host of problems. First off, widgets now freeze up like they did back in 4.2 (widgets like clocks will freeze in place, warranting a restart), I can't download anything to my SD card (even though I have 5GB of free space, it says there isn't enough room), the new keyboard animation is a bit glitchy, and all of the default black menus "smudge" horrendously.

Overall, a decent update. The only thing that pisses me off is not being able to download anything to my SD card. Battery life is the same as before, so that is always a plus.
I use Nova Launcher Prime, so I wouldn't have taken notice of any Touchwiz changes with this update.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I updated my I9500 S4 Octa last nite and I can confirm that the TouchWiz Launcher no longer allows Hiding Apps.

As for Widgets Freezing, haven't had that issue, and I have not tried downloading anything to SD yet, I'm used to everything I download going to the internal 32GB then I move it to my SD if I want to.

gpineau

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Tronsmart CX-919 android pc. (very cool)
I want to interface it to a Dell touch screen over USB. Anyone know if Android 4.4.2 supports an external touch screen over USB.
I am reluctant to purchase the Touch screen until I know it will work.
gpineau

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463