galaxy s4 does not deep sleep, msm_hsic_host

psbbs

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my 1 month old S4 drains battery like crazy when it is idle. If I unplug it at night, after 8-10 hours I lose over 20% of my battery without touching it! I turn everything off throughout the night, so no wifi, no data, no bluetooth, nothing. I posted some screenshots of my battery. For some reason, according to betterbatterystats, I don't have connection 94% of the time, but I was texting throughout the day and I had full bars every time. Even GSAM says I have signal 100% of the time. But when I look at the kernel wakelocks, the msm_hsic_host one keeps my phone up 100% of the time and no deep sleep at all, it stays at 384 mhz.

Also, according to Gsam battery monitor in the discharge while on/off, it says my phone lost 44% while the screen is off. Is that a bit excessive?

I'm at wit's end with this problem, why isn't my phone going to sleep? Can someone take a look and help me please? thank you for reading this!

sorry I'm very new to this forum so I was not sure how to add multiple pictures, so I just uploaded the link to the album. sorry for any inconveniences!

imgur: the simple image sharer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith