wifi direct problems

lindielove

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just recently discovered wifi direct on my Samsung galaxy s4. When I was trying to transfer pictures I went under the share button and hit wifi direct by accident which turned it on...
However, I haven't connected to a device (because I didn't need too) so my phone is constantly scanning for a Phone to connect too which is wearing my battery out hardcore. I did some research and tried to figure out how to turn it off but the only answer I found was pulling up a menu that was available to disconnect from the device I already connected too
My problem is that I haven't connected to another device therefore I can't figure out how to turn it off.
Please help, this is killing my battery

Posted via Android Central App

lindielove

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There is a stop button but the only thing it does is stop the phone from scanning at that moment
Because when I go back into my pictures, the little wifi direct logo is still highlighted like it's on

lin

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
There is a stop button but the only thing it does is stop the phone from scanning at that moment
Because when I go back into my pictures, the little wifi direct logo is still highlighted like it's on

lin

As far as I can tell, I've never had an issue with stopping wifi direct from scanning with the "stop" button, then having it come back on later by itself. Can you post a picture of the "wifi direct logo" you're referring to? Are you sure it's not the screen mirror icon? Are you seeing it at the top of the window when you view the picture, or only when you click on the share button? On mine, the screen mirror icon is at the top of the Gallery picture window when I view a picture, but I only see the wifi direct icon when I click on the share button and see the list of options for sharing.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan