Galaxy S4 Find / Wipe Phone App

PlaneModeler

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Just switched from an iPhone to the Galaxy S4 - learning Android and joined this forum to help bring me up to speed. First question...
Verizon phone. I want to have one of those apps that if I loose my phone or it is stolen I can locate, make it ring loud even if on vibrate when I misplace it in the house, and be able to wipe it if stolen.
Tried Samsung's Find My Phone only to learn Verizon disabled the remote control function in the security settings section it needs to run. I asked Verizon why - they just shrug shoulders. Their excuse is as long as you have it password protected you are safe - no need for such an app.
Bought an Android magazine that featured best apps. One is called SeekDroid that looks like it will do the job.
My question is do all of these find/wipe phone apps require the Galaxy S4's remote control to be present? If so then no use spending the money and I guess I made a poor decision to go with Verizon.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
- Google's own Android Device Manager
- Lookout
- SeekDroid
- Avast Antivirus
(all available on the Play Store)

Each of these require the Device Administrator permission to lock/unlock/wipe the phone remotely. This should be untouched and present in the settings menu under More -> Security.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234