Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By eshropshire
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why Samsung?

Why can't you just add all your gimmiky "features" that don't work and not skin a beautiful UI with that god awful interface that looks like it was dropped off by the windows XP era?!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Why Samsung?

I don't know what others have told you.

Touchwiz has very good visibility especially for people with older ages and people with poor sight.

Its awfully designed but there's a reason.

Consider an example :
    If they design settings app like stock Android , visibility sucks , consumers don't like it.If they make whites , its bad for AMOLED.

So , they couldn't come up with a nice design (atleast that's what I think)

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I'm kinda curious of the same thing. However, i couldn't tell you what EXACTLY i dont like about it, i just dont like how it looks at all.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

For me, it's not really about how it looks, but how the whole UI lags the system, and how much space it takes up. The S4 and Note 3 needed a lot of RAM so that the device can run with the memory hog that is TouchWiz.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Johnly likes this.

Samsung made a deal with Google. Future phones won't be as bloat heavy.. No worries! .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    For me, it's not really about how it looks, but how the whole UI lags the system, and how much space it takes up. The S4 and Note 3 needed a lot of RAM so that the device can run with the memory hog that is TouchWiz.
    Agree about storage but not about RAM.

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

When running Nova launcher, RAM seems to not be as full as it is with TW. Touch Wiz is a beast and needs that hardware lol.

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Samsung puts a nice spin on it with the whole (we have the largest RAM) therefore our devices have *better* hardware. Or is it just that the OS is such a beast and that operating system can't run well on a Moto X, while newer software from Google can?

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

But if it is such a hog that it interferes with other apps, they need to add more.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

But if it is such a hog that it interferes with other apps, they need to add more.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Samsung made a deal with Google. Future phones won't be as bloat heavy.. No worries! .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Samsung puts a nice spin on it with the whole (we have the largest RAM) therefore our devices have *better* hardware. Or is it just that the OS is such a beast and that operating system can't run well on a Moto X, while newer software from Google can?

At the end of the day , only people complaining too much are bunch of Internet people

I see plenty of people using Samsung phones everyday and Most of them are happy.I have many friends who own either a Samsung phone or Local OEM Android phone or Lumia.Majority is Samsung. (Same thing when I see outside)
    iPhone maybe 20-30 people.Maybe 3 or 4 people have HTC and Sony/Motorola and 3-4 have Nexus 4/5.Nokia is popular as secondary phones.

No other manufacturer like HTC , Motorola or Sony come close when it comes to popularity (atleast in my country).

If other manufacturers are making good phones , I don't see why people still choose Samsung but maybe because they actually give features what average consumers care but not geeks ? I never understand this whole "Apple is doomed" or "Samsung phones are bad" debate.

Even local OEMs are giving much better devices than Sony/HTC/Motorola.

For example , In my country , GS4 is cheaper than Nexus 5.Bonus is , if you get a problem with Nexus 5 , its pathetic service.If you get problem with Samsung phone , every city has service center and like 2-3 Samsung premium stores atleast.If you need extra spare battery , it doesn't take much effort.

Remaining OEMs ? questionable and also very good if they return your phone in less than 2 weeks.Samsung service ? Everything is processed within 1 week max unless major problem.
    Last edited by Sanjay Chandra; 02-23-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Which device has 3GB RAM ? Only Note III (and G2 pro which is exactly carrying UI like Touchwiz)

Galaxy S4 has DDR3 RAM while One has DDR2 RAM , its obvious which RAM is faster.

Samsung always gave better RAM than competition.I don't see any manufacturer doing same.I have been seeing phones from past 3 years closely regarding internal specs especially RAM.

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

At the end of the day , only people complaining too much are bunch of Internet people

I see plenty of people using Samsung phones everyday and Most of them are happy.I have many friends who own either a Samsung phone or Local OEM Android phone or Lumia.Majority is Samsung. (Same thing when I see outside)
    iPhone maybe 20-30 people.Maybe 3 or 4 people have HTC and Sony/Motorola and 3-4 have Nexus 4/5.Nokia is popular as secondary phones.

No other manufacturer like HTC , Motorola or Sony come close when it comes to popularity (atleast in my country).

If other manufacturers are making good phones , I don't see why people still choose Samsung but maybe because they actually give features what average consumers care but not geeks ? I never understand this whole "Apple is doomed" or "Samsung phones are bad" debate.

For example , In my country , GS4 is cheaper than Nexus 5.Bonus is , if you get a problem with Nexus 5 , its pathetic service.If you get problem with Samsung phone , every city has service center and like 2-3 Samsung premium stores atleast.If you need extra spare battery , it doesn't take much effort.

Remaining OEMs ? questionable and also very good if they return your phone in less than 2 weeks.Samsung service ? Everything is processed within 1 week max unless major problem.
    I for one are a Samsung fan. This is a little off topic, but it will relate by the end. In another thread we discussed anti virus programs, Norton to be specific. We all agree that Norton is a large resource hog to accomplish important tasks. Other anti virus programs like avast for example are not so heavy on the resources of the hardware, but accomplish the same thing as Norton. Even though I love Samsung, it feels a little gluttonous (for lack of a better term.) Touch Wiz needs more hardware, while other devices do the same thing, but without the need to load so much RAM (again, for lack of a better term.) Not that having to have all that hardware and a RAM hungry OS is a bad thing. Plenty of people use Norton just fine, but I do appreciate when software can use hardware in a optimized way. Software optimization is something Samsung will have to work on I believe to remain a relevant force. Recent releases of their phones have been a bit cheap, and the gimmicks in the software do not always run well. I am on my third note 3 for quality issues.

Plain answer, because Samsung phones are the in thing now, just like the iPhone used to be and blackberry. People are buying them because their friends talk about it and hear about it not because they know anything about the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    Plain answer, because Samsung phones are the in thing now, just like the iPhone used to be and blackberry. People are buying them because their friends talk about it and hear about it not because they know anything about the phone

Well , in that case , I saw lot of people who bought Nexus 7 because its cheaper than iPad but not because its better or they know anything about stock Android

That's how general consumers behave.Majority of them don't know anything about device.They buy it because service/price/looks is better than other or others are using it (and they are happy) Can be any reason

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post

I can't speak for others, but I moved to Android from iOS 3+ years ago for external storage, ability to change the battery and a nice large screen. These are still a priority for me. For me the Samsung phones meet my requirements. I know people here fall at the feet of Google, and since Google keeps trying to get rid of all storage on devices (phones and computers) and have you download everything from a cloud they must be right. Only its interesting that Samsung, who provides these features also has the highest marketshare.
    spotnjack likes this.

Well of course most people on Android Central will research phones before they buy but I should have said "most" people