Is it good to browse while charging??(Galaxy S4)

Sammy3007

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, l am an internet freak and will be seen browsing most of the time. But it requires to charge up twice a day. So l used to browse while this S 4 being charged. Somewhere, l have seen in the samsung tutorial, they had mentioned 'your phone can be used while charging'. Bearing that in mind, l repeat this though l am little bit scared as it might burst out. Please help me is it advisable to use phone, in any manner, while charging ?

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
That's a double-edged answer, but neither is too detrimental.
Side A) Browsing and other small tasks that do not stress your phone are completely fine while charging. High end games/apps that may cause your phone to get warm should be avoided while charging if possible. Not bad, but not everyone's power flows the same and some phones get warm when charging as it is.
Side B) The S4 has dual charging modes. While in use, the phone maxes at 1.2a charging which lengthens charge time. With the screen off, the charge goes as high as 1.9a, reducing your 0%-100% charge time to just over 2 hours.

Sammy3007

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
But luckily my phone is not heating up even if time goes up while charging and browsing..and l wont play high end games..never touch that section as l know playing games reduces the battery life. And ya from your point of view you say 'to use and not to use'..bit confused...one strong answer??? Forgot to say this..each day when l hit bed at night, l would remove the battery, put in some air to breadth throughout the night.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I plug in my Note 3 at work when it's low and continue using it / Watchung YouTube without an issue. I am sure the S4 is the same.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No issues when charging and browsing normally. If the phone gets too hot then that is a different story though, but normally shouldn't be the case.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21