Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default MMS! O_o

    So just recently I can barely receive ANY MMS.. I'm running go launcher with go SMS.. Ive cleared cache.. Deleted and reinstalled and even tried the stock messaging app all to no avail..even turned off mobile data.. Incoming MMS just constantly says "downloading" as the 4g LTE symbol is on until it times out and says error.. Ive even tried sending an MMS to myself..no go.. I'm currently on AT&T.. Any insight or suggestions?! Driving me crazy.. My outgoing MMS works fine.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by Armifera Fatum View Post
    So just recently I can barely receive ANY MMS.. I'm running go launcher with go SMS.. Ive cleared cache.. Deleted and reinstalled and even tried the stock messaging app all to no avail..even turned off mobile data.. Incoming MMS just constantly says "downloading" as the 4g LTE symbol is on until it times out and says error.. Ive even tried sending an MMS to myself..no go.. I'm currently on AT&T.. Any insight or suggestions?! Driving me crazy.. My outgoing MMS works fine.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Does this only happen with the Go SMS app?

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Does this only happen with the Go SMS app?
    He mentioned other apps don't work either.
    OP, does this happen only on mobile data or WiFi as well?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Ive tried just using WiFi only by turning off mobile data still didnt work so I turned mobile data back on and restarted the device. Still a no go! Would resetting the phone cache help? Haven't tried that..

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by Armifera Fatum View Post
    Ive tried just using WiFi only by turning off mobile data still didnt work so I turned mobile data back on and restarted the device. Still a no go! Would resetting the phone cache help? Haven't tried that..

    Posted via Android Central App
    It's worth a try. Can you connect to the Google Play Store or other Google services?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Whoops. Guess I missed that part where he said he tried other SMS apps.

    Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Yes I can get into the store and download.. Another thing I noticed.. My phone book was syncing and the 4g LTE is lit.. The syncing takes forever and never clears... ( I dont have that many contacts that it should take so long) so idk what's up! To get into recovery its power button volume up and home key? I saw the blue letters up at the top L but it never brought me into recovery mode...

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by Armifera Fatum View Post
    Yes I can get into the store and download.. Another thing I noticed.. My phone book was syncing and the 4g LTE is lit.. The syncing takes forever and never clears... ( I dont have that many contacts that it should take so long) so idk what's up! To get into recovery its power button volume up and home key? I saw the blue letters up at the top L but it never brought me into recovery mode...

    Posted via Android Central App
    That is correct. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds. You can hold power to turn it off and try again, but this time only let go of the home button when you see the blue letters. Then when you're in recovery, let go of the others

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    I'm not even getting notifications properly.. Idk what's going on with this thing.. If I do a factory reset can I still update my device to the latest OS (4.3) on at&t? Will I have to go through kies?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by Armifera Fatum View Post
    I'm not even getting notifications properly.. Idk what's going on with this thing.. If I do a factory reset can I still update my device to the latest OS (4.3) on at&t? Will I have to go through kies?

    Posted via Android Central App
    If you are on 4.3, a factory reset will not roll back the OS. If you are on something older, you can still update afterwards

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    Ensure your APN settings are correct.

    Also AT&T requires mobile data to be on to recieve MMS.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
  12. #12  
    mindyroth's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

    Default Re: MMS! O_o

    I am also having issues with GO SMS. Regular sms works fine, though. I have not tried reinstalling since I don't want to lose my messages

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: MMS messages not being received in Hangouts
    By greggov in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Today, 11:21 AM
  2. No more MMS notifications...?!?!?!?
    By kingakoopa in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 09:42 PM
  3. mms expired problem
    By aidan001 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:50 PM
  4. Universal Cricket MMS 4.4 KitKat Solution No Root Required!
    By Insane2o9 in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 07:11 AM
  5. S4 4.3 MMS not sending/receiving
    By kn8ght in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions