trying to use 'my files|documents" to take notes

please enter

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
new to this forum and smartphones
trying to find a place on my galaxy S4 to take a few notes, save, refer to when the time comes
thought I could got to my files, create a folder, fill that folder with a few lines of text, save it but....
after creating folder can't edit with text
maybe that 'documents' folder is for storing docs that I have d'loaded? not to create
right now it is empty
don't really need a note taking app, just got a few ideas to jot down

JEEZ! I had a 1999 flip-fone that had as place to enter a little text and save it

-thanks

Last edited:

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I recommend Google keep you can jot down notes and then even pull them up later on a computer or back on your phone if needed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Folders on the smartphone work pretty much like folders on a computer--they're places to store items, such as documents, photos, or other data. The Documents folder is a place where you can store documents you've downloaded or created using a particular app.

The S Memo app that comes on the S4 is pretty good for taking short notes. It even allows handwriting and drawing, not just typing. It will save its notes in its own SMemo folder (and in its own proprietary format, not readable by other apps). Another option is an Office-type program. My S4 came with Polaris Office, which can be used to create .txt or .doc or .docx files that can be shared more easily, and stored in the Documents folder or wherever you like.