GS4 Sound not working AT ALL

Gabo_Es

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
About a month ago, like a fool, I accidentally dropped my Galaxy S4 and the screen got 2 cracks on it, no big deal for me I can fix that. I picked it up right away and everything was working fine.
That was until about last wednesday when all of a sudden anytime I go to make or answer a call I get no sound what so ever.
I cant hear them they cant hear me.
It doesnt ring through the phone but whoever I'm calling gets the call and can answer I just hear NOTHING and they cant hear me at all either.
I called Samsung and they said it was due to physical damage so they wont fix it and my provider said the same thing.
Im no stranger to fixing phones but ive never had this problem before.
Has anyone had this happen to them before or can anyone give me any idea what I need to do to fix this

I have tried:
power cycling the phone
cleaning the phone of any dirt
and played with all the settings I could think of
and more recently facory resetting the phone

I NEED HELP!!

Thank you in advance

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you factory reset the phone and the issue remains it is likely hardware damage. If you open it up you'll see that everything audio is probably connected to the same board. That might have damage and needs replacement or might need check it's connections.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

2Night

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Till now (before the kitkat upgrade) I just call numbers like free services and press the speaker button and turn off the call. Then the phone work as fine (like a manually audio start) PS. My phone's glass is broken, I bought it second hand, I don't know what happened. Try to make a call and press speaker, maybe it will work for you!