System Update & Email App

Shailendra ji

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have recently bought Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android version 4.2.2). I have switched to this phone after I abandoned my old Blackberry. I am very particular about receiving emails on time because it effects my business.

Issue 1: This is regarding my Enterprise emails (Business Email) which I have bought from Go Daddy. I am using the Email app, available as default, to Sync my 5 email accounts. I have fixed the Sync Schedule as 15 min. and Peak Schedule as 5 min. I am not receiving emails as soon as they come and I have to refresh every time to receive them. Also, I do not understand clearly the terms- ‘Sync Schedule’ and ‘Peak Schedule’.

1. What should I do to receive the emails as soon as they arrive, like I used to receive on my old Blackberry?
2. Should I switch over to a different email app.? Please suggest a better business/ enterprise email application.

Issue No. 2: This is regarding System Update. I keep receiving a notification for ‘System Update’ every now and then though I have already updated once. Moreover, it turns out to be painful when it deletes my already configured email accounts after the update is installed. I have to start afresh and configure them all again.

1. What is this ‘System Update’? Is it anyway helpful?
2. How should I disable it, if not helpful?

Please advise ASAP. I am stuck with this phone. :-\:'(

Last edited:

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Email checking frequency: Automatic (Push) will let your phone automatically receive your emails as soon as they are received , If your worried about battery life than setting your peak times, and changing automatic push to manually will check emails for that period set.

The system update you keep seeing should be the new Kit Kat update for your phone, and yes do install, it brings a few new features and better performance to your phone.