1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will ROOTing my phone void my warranty if I do not add a custom ROM?

The title pretty much says it all. With the addition of KNOX I don't know if I can still ROOT my device without voiding my warranty. The only thing stopping me was I didn't think that there was anything I could really do to my phone if I couldn't add a ROM. But I recently just learned about Xposed Framework, and now I got my hopes up again!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Will ROOTing my phone void my warranty if I do not add a custom ROM?

Yes while any device is in the " rooted " state your warranty is voided. So if you took it into your store/carrier for warranty service or repair you would be turned away.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Will ROOTing my phone void my warranty if I do not add a custom ROM?

There was a way to ROOT your phone that was called "SafeRoot" and it was said that it wouldn't void your warranty. I wouldn't believe that unless every comment said that it was true. Will this work?

Posted via Android Central App

Are you referring to rooting your phone then using xposed framework and mods instead of flashing a rom into recovery?
    In theory this can be done without voiding your warranty because there are xposed mods that can hide the fact that your phone was ever rooted and you can then uproot. This was the case with my Epic 4g touch, I dropped it and shattered the screen so I followed the above procedure and my monthly insurance gave me a new lg optimus f7 without problem. I GUESS it varies from carrier to carrier, warranty to warranty, and situation to situation

LG OPTIMUS F7 4.1.2 w/ Xposed framework -_- posted using tapatalk pro