Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bruninho98
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Missing Camera Shortcut KitKat

Hello, I updated my Galaxy S4 i9505 to the KitKat since the first leaked test build, the NA1 and I got the camera shortcut on the lockscreen inicially and then it desapeared, dont know if it was when I updated to the test build NA5 or when it was, it just disapeared and now, still on the official final build it still does not show up! Can someone tell me how I get the camera shorcut back? Don't want other options to show the camera, just want that shortcut back. Thanks!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Default Re: Missing Camera Shortcut KitKat

Do you have the lockscreen turned on? I changed my phone lock settings to to none, and the camera shortcut disappeared, when I reset it back to the swipe lockscreen it reappeared.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have the lockscreen on, and nothing.

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Just to make sure I understand correctly.. After your phones screen times out, and you hit the power button to turn the screen back on, the camera shortcut is missing from this screen?
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It gets me to the lockscreen and the little camera icon on the downside right isn't there, it should be...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just solved! For the ones who have the same problem: "Go to system/csc/ and rename costumer.xml to costumer.xml.backup and then reboot... go to settings lockscree/shortcut/camera and done.use root browser for renaming." (For me it didn't wiped nothing as I read before, after renaming the shortcut appeared and nothing else changed.)

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 atravs de Tapatalk
    UJ95x likes this.

I have the i9505 myself and only installed the offical 4.4 KitKat update that was delivered with samsung kies and i don't have the camera short cut app nor can i duplicate the solution you made because it says (operation failed). Before this update i've noticed the i9505 doesn't have the same lock screen settings as every other model out there. Not sure if that could be the reason.

Sorry for the double post. I rooted my phone and was able to make the solution to work. Is it just me or does the battery drain just a bit faster now?

I have the Note 3 updated to KitKat 4.4 and realized when I used the gesture to unlock phone, the camera icon on the lock screen disappeared. Then switched back to swipe and it re-appeared. It seems to disappear with the PIN as well.

i seem to have the same problem on my phone too. where do i find the system???