Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Receiving emojis from iPhones

I have the s4, and just updated it to kitkat. I have enabled the emoji keyboard and know how to do all that. I just wonder why I cannot receive or see emojis from people with iphones. My sister has the same phone as I do and does not have this problem. She can see emojis from her friends with iphones just fine.

Default Re: Receiving emojis from iPhones

Does she get the same representations for an emoji? By that I mean if someone sends you a sad save and it doesn't show but her phone will show with the same characters?

No idea how to describe this. lol

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

She can clearly see the image mine shows up as "?=?" No matter what emoji it is whether I have it or not.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Hey I was just wondering if you found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue and realized it partially deals with the facts that the Galaxy S4 sends emojis as mms where as iPhones can send emojis as SMS. Seemingly, my GS4 and presumably others can't interpret emojis in SMS so they don't show up. Idk why this is an issue because before the KitKat update things were fine. Anyway, it's really bothering me and I'm looking for a fix. Thanks.