I need your help, photos on sd card gone

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Something wierd just happened. When waking my phone up I went into the stock camera app and noticed that after taking one picture earlier, ALL OTHER PICTURES PREVIOUSLY TAKEN and stored on the SD CARD are not there! Please tell me someone here has some idea on what happened and how I can get the pictures back. Other items on the SD CARD are still there.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's possible if you haven't taken more photos. When files are deleted from your sd card they're not completely gone but if you take more pics you risk over writing the ones you've lost.

So the question is how? Well you'll have to download a recovery tool to your computer and follow the instruction provided with the download

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
The thing is that I did not delete the photos! The several hundred that have disappeared were the ones NOT in a folder on the phone! That's the only pattern I could figure out. Never had any issues like this before. Royally upset.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
PRFCT,

Do you have a DropBox account?

My Kitkat update was downloading as I read your thread this morning.
When I first used the phone after updating, I made sure my pictures were OK, they were.
A few hours later all but three pictures were gone, and Settings said to add a SD.
I put the SD on my PC, and Windows fixed all the errors.
I used my PC to copy all my camera content that was backed up to Dropbox.
My operating system automatically backs all my camera shots to Dropbox.
Then I added all my other pictures (backed up in three separate places).
When I reinstalled the SD in my S4, all was normal.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I just started syncing with Google +. Very frustrating I'm not giving up!

Get a cheap micro sd reader if you don't have one. That will let you plug the sd directly in to your PC without using the prone.

Then download and run a free file recovery program called "Recuva". Just google it.

If the pictures haven't been overwritten, and they shouldn't be, you will be able to get them back.

Worst case would be if the sd was formatted, that will not be good. But if the pictures are important, there is software to recover files after a formet, but not for free I don't think.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Good news! I was able to recover the photos using my computer and a newly purchased card reader! However they still don't show up as existing anymore when the same SD CARD is reinserted in the phone! Wierd but I don't care since I have the pics back.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Good news! I was able to recover the photos using my computer and a newly purchased card reader! However they still don't show up as existing anymore when the same SD CARD is reinserted in the phone! Wierd but I don't care since I have the pics back.

It just happens I ran into the same problem yesterday, but with only one picture.

The picture had already backed up to Drop Box before it messed up, so I deleted the file on the phone, and copied the good one from Drop Box.

I have seen threads on other forums, and feel there is a problem with the camera writing to the SD.
I'm not sure if this is a Android problem, or Samsung.
Today I switched the camera settings to write to internal memory instead of the SD.
It's not a "solution:, but may keep me from losing pictures until a solution is found.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and have you noticed that on the S4, in settings the 'format sd card' option is directly under 'unmount sd card'? If my shaking fingers accidentally touch it and I'm not paying close attention, I'm dusted! This needs to be moved - in my opinion.

Posted via Android Central App

No Sry

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D vry gud..........my photos also gone.....i am also in doubt....that anybody tell me.....but who will tell...??? no one have enough time....for we....:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

m0znasri

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
How do you recover from computer? Because I dont back up the file into dropbox, reply ASAP

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon