1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 battery drain

The battery life on my current SGS4 isn't very good. I put it on charge before bed then wake up in the morning to find it at 85%. Furthermore, my phone battery is just overall draining. Around 1-2% of battery is draining every second. My brothers got a note 3 and the battery life on that is FANTASTIC. 20 hours straight and it's still only on 85%. Here's a pic of my battery usage-

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-05-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 battery drain

Likely a bad battery. Try a new one, suspect you will be OK. My battery lasts all day.
    Thanked by:
    Zdot7 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, btw I meant 1-2% every minute

I am having the same issue. I have deleted all apps I dont use and this is still occuring. Today I went to work with a fully charged battery and by 5pm it was under 30%. When I went into the battery screen it was showing the screen as 77% battery usage even with all the fancy options turned off and the brightness turned right down. I also downloaded wakelock detector and that was showing wakeup triggers of facebook 42 times and exchange services 32 times. Can anyone help?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Try uninstalling apps that you don't really need, like i don't use facebook and twitter that much, so i route these through Flipboard as that is bloatwarwe on my phone, so i may as well use it to its max. Use the stock email app rather than Outlook/Yahoo Mail etc. Disable other bloatware? Install a battery saver? the free Go Power Master seems to be ok for me, at least for turning off data while the phone is idle, this is where i seem to lose a lot of battery otherwise.

I find most smart phones to have very different battery life all depends on the user. I get pretty good life from mine almost 10 hours of heavy use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 battery drain

Does anyone know whether iphone 5s would have a better battery life when moderately using apps such as youtube, Instagram, Internet etc. with mobile data turned on and bluetooth and wifi turned off?

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

in other words, is the iPhone 5s battery life better than the SGS4's battery? or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Zdot7 View Post
    The battery life on my current SGS4 isn't very good. I put it on charge before bed then wake up in the morning to find it at 85%. Furthermore, my phone battery is just overall draining. Around 1-2% of battery is draining every second. My brothers got a note 3 and the battery life on that is FANTASTIC. 20 hours straight and it's still only on 85%. Here's a pic of my battery usage-

Did you try turning off location reporting that drains a lot of the battery?
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Where's location reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Zdot7 View Post
    Where's location reporting?

Go to settings + More, and location is there
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4