Can't Update to Kitkat on AT&T

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay I've searched all over the net for a solution to this. I checked no more than 3 times for an update today. This is the result:

"Software is up to date. You may check again in 200,656 hours."
(Mind you I did not advance it more than a few days to bypass the 24 hour wait.)

That's 22 years! I took it to a Samsung rep today at Best Buy and he couldn't figure it out either. He tried flashing my phone to the latest version but all it did was put 4.3 back on. He says as long as my phone is like this, I won't receive notifications when my phone can actually get the update. I've cleared the cache in the AT&T Software Update app. The farthest my phone will go up in date is 2036. I can't put it past that date to check for my update. At this rate I'll never get the update. I don't have internet at home right now so I have to be on Wi-Fi somewhere in order for it to even start, supposedly. Any clue on what I should do? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Pretty dang sure. Called att this morning, they blamed Samsung, called samsung, they blamed att. I guess I'm not surprised.

From my S4 to you via Tapatalk 🍻

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Just for proof here it is:
uqaneje9.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Try shutting down. AT&T may roll out the OTA in waves. Try again today. I was able to update early yesterday evening.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I did a battery pull n all. Thing is they go by your IMEI and if it checks too many times for an update it blocks you and gives you the 24 hour message....However it skipped right past that started at 1000 and second check it went up to this.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The farthest I can go is Dec 31 2036 and it's still asking me to wait past that

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I finally had to do a full factory reset, but neverthless...victory. Huzzah!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke