1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T 4.4.2 update removed some things from my S4

So I got the update today, and everything went smooth. I do feel it's more snappy and quick. However I had a few apps disappear from my home screen. I honestly don't remember which ones do they weren't that important.

However one widget I know for sure that is gone is the Google music identifier widget (not sure of the actual name) I used that all the time. Is there something I need to download again? As far as I know it was on my phone when I first got it so not sure why it would be gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 update removed some things from my S4

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    So I got the update today, and everything went smooth. I do feel it's more snappy and quick. However I had a few apps disappear from my home screen. I honestly don't remember which ones do they weren't that important.

However one widget I know for sure that is gone is the Google music identifier widget (not sure of the actual name) I used that all the time. Is there something I need to download again? As far as I know it was on my phone when I first got it so not sure why it would be gone.

I just updated to Kitkat and had some screwy things going on. Had to reinstall some apps. Nova launcher was not installed but the pro extension was so my phone was all screwed up looking. As soon as I reinstalled it, it looked better. I was having issues with a couple widgets not showing up and not allowing me to put them back. I rebooted the phone and now everything is working great. This update seems super speedy so far! I'm quite happy now that everything is back in order.

Posted via Android Central App

I too had to re-install several apps ironically including AT&T Visual Voicemail. Bluetooth and signal strength indicator are white. The battery life indicator is white with a black lightning bolt. When closing open apps, and it seems to be different. Holding the back button hides or reveals the multi-task tab. HDR feature in camera. Transitions between home screens and use of gestures seems a bit snappier. Scrolling is a bit smoother and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post

Sound Search for Google Play
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Sound Search for Google Play
    Ah thanks. yah i guess it uninstalled it. Thats really weird.

After initial install, restart the phone again. It should update the rest of your apps.

Posted via Android Central App