Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By thekC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Just updated to kitkat on my s4 (at&t) and the Google cloud print services seem to be jacked up.

I go to print a document (in this case, a pdf) from my main gmail account and I get an error msg saying "unfortunately, print spooler has stopped".

I tried saving the document as well, that doesn't help.

I found that if I go into application manager > print spooler and clean the data/cache it will print once, then I get the same error msg on the subsequent print job.

Disclaimer: I searched the forums and didn't find anything current on this before posting. If I missed it, you're welcome to call me any filthy name you'd like if you link it/have a fix.
    Thx

Posted via Android Central App
    Geir Friis and revitupmx5 like this.

Default Re: cloud print. print spooler on kitkat

I have the same problem. Been to Samsung, AT&T, and Google support. Actually went through the same steps with AT&T, and with Google, to delete print spooler data and cache. Got the same results you did with 1 time print and then teh error was back.

I have a ticket open with Google and will report back.

BTW did OP ever get fixed?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I have exactly the same problem on my new Samsung Tab Pro 8.4. Is this a specific thing to Samsungs builds maybe? Please keep us updated @revitupmx5 if you hear anything from Google.

Quote Originally Posted by arkid77 View Post
    I have exactly the same problem on my new Samsung Tab Pro 8.4. Is this a specific thing to Samsungs builds maybe? Please keep us updated @revitupmx5 if you hear anything from Google.
    I called again and was told by Google tech to write the developer at Google responsible for Cloud Print. I did, twice, and received no response. I think I need to call them again.

I called Google Play Store and talked with someone there. I was told basically that same thing as before. That the error message (Unfortunately, Printer Spooler has stopped) is a known issue. I am still not sure what Google meant but think it's a problem with the Cloud Print system app. So wait for an update and until then either print from your computer or clear the cache and data when you want to print on your android device.

Good news. Cloud Print is working now on my "classic" printer. I have printer several emails, webpages, Google sheets, and more. Try and see how Cloud Print works for you.

The printerspoolet works when the cache is cleared. It inturn reset the default printer to "Print Share". If any other printer is set as default printer the problem persists. So workaround is tedious, have to clear the cache after each print job.
    regards
    Manoj

Lightbulb Re: cloud print. print spooler on kitkat

Hello everyone,

I also having same problem like you all. So far what I found is, the problem is happen to Cloud Print version 1.11b and above. what I did to avoid this problem for time being (until Google release a bug fix for the Cloud Print) I am reinstalling the Cloud Print to the older version which is version 0.9.10.

You may search for the version on the web.

Thank you

You might check if there is a print app for your printer. Lexmark E260 will not print but a E460 will.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same issue here. Galaxy Note 3, KitKat 4.4.4. Force closing, clearing data, & clearing cache—none worked. What DID work, however, was Disabling the Print Spoiler, then reenabling it—and I printed multiple times thereafter.

Hello everyone,

I had the same issue when I would try printing to PDF.
    I'm using a Samsung Tab S 8.4.

What I have found to work is, after you select the pages you want to print (or save as PDF) in the dialog box, tap back to the document before you press the Print button.

When you tap back on the file, it'll show you just the pages you've selected to print or save. Then, press Print. It should work hopefully. That's what is working for me at least.

Cheers.