Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Galaxy S4: Screen rotation suddenly not working

Hey guys, I just updated my S4 (I9500) to 4.4.2 and have been having intermittent issues with screen rotation
    First noticed when snapping a picture (in landscape mode) straight from Whatsapp (portrait mode), when picture has been taken and sent, whatsapp is stuck in landscape until I press home and reopen.
    Then after restarting and checking if my settings were alright, the screen refused to rotate at all, for any app. The camera is the only one that still detects the rotation, as the shutter button changes orientation with the screen.
    Has anyone had any similar problems?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Screen rotation suddenly not working

I have exactly same problem.

I have the same problem.

Everything was working fine, and after I delete a few apps with Titanium, the rotate does not work.
    I tried sensors with an apps, and the sensor are physically working, but the rotation does not work.

I know if I reset the whole phone, It will work, as I already met the problem, but I would like to know where it comes from, to prevent reinstalling everything every week.

Please have a look at this post for more details: android - unregisterIRListener() is called & screen stop rotate - Stack Overflow
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugo69 View Post
    I have the same problem.

Everything was working fine, and after I delete a few apps with Titanium, the rotate does not work.
    I tried sensors with an apps, and the sensor are physically working, but the rotation does not work.

I know if I reset the whole phone, It will work, as I already met the problem, but I would like to know where it comes from, to prevent reinstalling everything every week.

Please have a look at this post for more details: android - unregisterIRListener() is called & screen stop rotate - Stack Overflow
    It's as you say, some app deleted with Titanium was what stopped the rotation from working. I flashed stock again and deleted only the Russian bloatware, didn't touch any of the Samsung apps, and it's doing fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by iVikD View Post
    Hey guys, I just updated my S4 (I9500) to 4.4.2 and have been having intermittent issues with screen rotation
    First noticed when snapping a picture (in landscape mode) straight from Whatsapp (portrait mode), when picture has been taken and sent, whatsapp is stuck in landscape until I press home and reopen.
    Then after restarting and checking if my settings were alright, the screen refused to rotate at all, for any app. The camera is the only one that still detects the rotation, as the shutter button changes orientation with the screen.
    Has anyone had any similar problems?

Hey guys,

Reset your camera settings and everything will go back to normal.

WEIRD!

Resetting camera settings does not work for me. I had rotation for everything I was viewing. Now *nothing*.
    Is this a Samsung bug?

Man I HATE when someone is so darned sure of themselves. Thanks for you self-confidence. Its empty. FAIL