Galaxy S4: Problem in 4.4.2 update with email

pvheming

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I did what you said, then restarted my Samsung Galaxy S4. However my yahoo email still is not updating (syncing). My secondary gmail account is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

pvheming

May 25, 2014
Visit site
How is a full factory re-set done? The above sinc fix did not work for me either for my yahoo email.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anita Larkin

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem in 4.4.2 update with email

Hope it sorts you out.
Solution for Email sync disabled.

here is a simple solution for 4.4.2 sync problem.
go to > settings >connections tab , then 'Data Usage' , then click on hard menu button (bottom left) of phone-check (tick) Auto Sync data.... hope it helps

best regards
john.

RosL

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this suggested fix, however when I tried it (Galaxy S4 Mini) I found that the Auto Sync Data option was already ticked, but mail still isn't updating :(

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note II: Problem syncing with email after AT&T update - Autosync is already checked!

Hi there, emails on my phone have stopped syncing after it updated over a week ago. I've already gone to Connections-Data Usage-Auto sync data and it has been checked all along and still i cannot receive emails. please help!

lbenson2

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
after updating to 4.4.2, I was able to send email from two separate accounts but neither would receive any. After 2 hours of messing with settings and talking with AT&T support (nice but of no help), and sitting on hold with Samsung support with no answer, I deleted both email accounts and re-created them. This was the only thing I was able to do to solve it, but at least it worked. Save yourself some time and grief and just delete the account and re-create it.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
after updating to 4.4.2, I was able to send email from two separate accounts but neither would receive any. After 2 hours of messing with settings and talking with AT&T support (nice but of no help), and sitting on hold with Samsung support with no answer, I deleted both email accounts and re-created them. This was the only thing I was able to do to solve it, but at least it worked. Save yourself some time and grief and just delete the account and re-create it.

Same here.