Galaxy S4: Problem in 4.4.2 update with email

accactg

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
After KitKat 4.4.2 update email out of sync, my gmail was ok! How to sync my main email?

Last edited by a moderator:

tsusala1951

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem in 4.4.2 update with email

i cant sync my email now after kitkat update

Alana! I had the same problem after the 4.4 update... so I changed to the Aqua Mail app.. If there's a bug-fix for the e-mail screw up, I HOPE someone will put it here...
Now that I've had Aqua Mail on my mobile for the better part of a day, I actually like it better than the app that came with the phone....

ipb76

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys
I updated with 4.4.2
Now my email only connects over wifi ( once, I have to close email and reopen each time i sync)
The internet works fine on wifi and 3g/4g
I tired aqua mail and got an error meesage - problem with server POP3
Any one else have same problems? offer any help? driving me mad.
Thanks
Ian

John Newlinkdirect

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Hope it sorts you out.
Solution for Email sync disabled.

here is a simple solution for 4.4.2 sync problem.
go to > settings >connections tab , then 'Data Usage' , then click on hard menu button (bottom left) of phone-check (tick) Auto Sync data.... hope it helps

best regards
john.

dick70

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I tried sync solution but it didn't work so settled for full factory reset, now email works fine..

vienna2000

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem with my emails. Used the two finger swipe to bring down the curtain and turned on Sync. The main sync was turned off by the update

tsusala1951

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

I messed around with the stock e-mail app again and decided to re install as IMAP instead of POP3. So far (5 days now) I have had no problems sending, receiving, connecting with server, etc. After finding a quite comprehensive explanation of the difference between IMAP and POP3, I decided IMAP is a pretty good way to go.

Debbie Moghul

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Thank you so much. It's been doing my head in for weeks. I've done what you said and it's working again. Thank you once again x

Enat75

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. I was going crazy after this update as my email sync got disabled. It's all sorted out now thanks to you :)

skaranil

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, friend.Your advice solved my problem instantly. Wonder, why those people who release these upgrades at least do not bother addressing (if not answering) these problems !

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234