Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphones on Galaxy S4

When I bought my GS4 a few months ago I tried out the headphones that came with the phone and I did not like them because the volume fades in and out on phone calls. Sony tried using my apple headphones and I have the same issue. Now I have no choice but to hold my phone while on a voice call. Anyone know why this happens? I don't really like walking around downtown Chicago holding my big ol GS4 knowing there have been multiple robberies in the area. Any solutions?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Default Re: headphones on GS4

The headphones that came with my S4 work great with no problems at all.

Default Re: headphones on GS4

I've used the ones that came with s4, apple and now bose earbuds...No problems with any of them.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Headphones on Galaxy S4

Must be a problem with my phone

Before I switched to BT for my listening, I used earbuds. My problem was that I always kept my phone in my shirt pocket with the headphone jack up. One day, caught out in the rain, I got a single drop of rain directly in the jack. My earbuds never worked right again. I'm not sure how you could test something like this, but it's amazing how something so small can make such a big difference when it comes to electronics.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've had this problem since I took the phone out of the box. Sound is fine when listening to music on Samsung earphones and apple earphones. Only during voice calls do I have a problem.

Didnt have any problem with the S4 headphones until I checked this thread ,lol

True story

They still work , except that :

- the physical headset buttons are now unresponsive (volume, next song, pause)

- the cable is senitive to anything touching it, affecting the connection

Quote Originally Posted by salutcemoi View Post
    Didnt have any problem with the S4 headphones until I checked this thread ,lol

True story

They still work , except that :

- the physical headset buttons are now unresponsive (volume, next song, pause)

- the cable is senitive to anything touching it, affecting the connection
    All 3 of mine will be unresponsive at some point, usually just unplug them - reinstall and all is well! Only problem with the wire part is a bit of lovely STATIC SHOCK when doing laundry and the wire touches the clothes as they come out of the dryer with static cling!! ZAP! to the eardrum :O

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bodum02 View Post
    All 3 of mine will be unresponsive at some point, usually just unplug them - reinstall and all is well! Only problem with the wire part is a bit of lovely STATIC SHOCK when doing laundry and the wire touches the clothes as they come out of the dryer with static cling!! ZAP! to the eardrum :O

Ouch sorry about that

I just had to make sure I pushed them in deep; I didnt try it because I was afraid Iwould break something inside

Problem solved
    thanks

Have you ran through he "adapt sound' settings. It totally helped me.
    Thanked by:

By the way, are the S4 earbuds not supposed to go completely in the headphones jack?

Posted from my SGH-I337M